Skip to main content

Beauty Crown Awards- Week 5







The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 5 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Facial Care Products & Tools. Below are my selections:

FACIAL SKIN CARE
Cleansers- L'Oreal Ideal Clean Foaming Gel Cleanser
I did a series back in September on finding a facial regimen for myself and this cleanser was my favorite out of everything I tried. It really leaves my face feeling clean, doesn't dry out my skin and perfect year round.

Serum- I tried using serums but I don't think I really need them. It was just too many steps for me.

Moist Towelette- Yes To Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towelette
I actually got these at Target one day in the clearance section and I really like them a lot. It gets all the dirt and makeup off for face. Plus, it has a cooling sensation that feels pretty good on your skin.


Exfoliators- Origins Modern Friction
I was walking through Macy's one day and the woman at the Origin counter offered me a free facial. I couldn't turn that down, plus I was curious about their products. I really loved this exfoliator and purchased this. It really gentle on your face and leaves it feeling very soft and smooth.

Masks- Glam Glow
I got this at Sephora when I racked up 100 points and just fell in love with it the first time I used it. I love that it is a 2 in 1 product. First it is mask, then as you are rinsing it off, you exfoliate your skin. It really gives your skin a nice, healthy glow. I will be purchasing the full size when I finish with this.

Facial Mist- Don't use one but open to suggestions

Cleansing System- I don't have one but I would love a Clarisonic sometime soon!

Moisturizers- Shea Moisture and Yes To Blueberries
I use the Shea Moisture in the morning and Yes To Blueberries at night. My skin gets really dry when Fall and Winter come and both of these moisturizers do an amazing job of keeping my skin moisturized all day.



TOOLS
Brushes-Sigma
After watching BeatFace Honey use these brushes on her YouTube channel, I had to try them out. I just love Sigma so much! The blending brushes are my absolute favorite. They do a really great job for blending out my makeup and are just amazing!

Eyelash Curler- Mary Kay
My aunt gave my this eyelash curler many years ago and I never really used it. I do pick it up now every once in a while and I like it. I just don't use eyelash curls too much.

Tweezers- TweezerMan
I picked this up at The Makeup Show last month and these tweezers are pretty amazing. I like how precise they are and you can see everything with that mirror. 

Nail Tools- Dotting Tools and Brushes
I got these on Amazon and I have used the dotting tools more than the brush set. I've only used some of the brushes to clean up the polish around my nails but I will use them soon. 










Comments

  1. Hey Andrea! I haven't heard of many of these products but they sound great. I especially like the exfoliator, wipes, and brushes! Oh man do I have a lot of shopping to do because of these awards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tanya! Sigma brushes are so amazing, you should really try them out! I want to go shopping to pick up all these products I'm reading about too!

      Delete
  2. Andrea, I think we have some beauty blogger ESP going on. Not only do we both have the same L'Oreal Ideal Clean but I have those Mary Kay lash curlers that I never use either!! LOL! Everything else looks great as well. I should put everything else on my wish list bc if you like it then I'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I think so Shalunya! I never really saw a use for the eyelash curler. You should try out the other products, they are pretty great!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing Andrea! Those Yes to Grapefruit towelettes are really good...I had those before my MTTO ones...I love how they smell...very clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lucy. Yes, I love those toweletts, especially the smell and how they get everything off.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over