Skip to main content

The Resolute Beauty Blogger- September 2014

Happy Football Sunday!! My team is currently losing right now, ugh! Here are my September updates for the Resolute Beauty Blogger!!

Blogging Goals

1. Set a blogging schedule- So far so good, still sticking to my schedule except for last week, it was a crazy busy week. 

2. Change up the current style- I have been changing my greeting before I start each post and the overall look of my blog is still being discussed and worked on. I am hoping to start during some tutorials soon and working on putting together a Fall Fashion Lookbook!! 

3. Learn more about blogging- I have still been doing some research on blogging and have come across so much information. I mainly have been looking up how to get more traffic here and how to be a better blogger. I will most likely do a post on what I found.

4. Attend a blogging event- Still looking for one but I found a few natural hair brunches I want to attend soon. 

5. Proof read better- I have been really working on this. I am making sure I read my post out loud twice and correcting my mistakes. 

6. Get calendar and blogging book- I have been using them and it has been helping with keeping everything organized!! 

Personal Goals

1. Finding myself and figuring out what I want to do- I'm still working on those questions I talked about previously but I am making progress. It is really making me think and know myself a little better.

2. Use BBW stash more- Funny thing is when I was cleaning one day, I found three sets of new scents that I purchased over the summer along with some candles lol! I recently started using Twlight Woods which is one of favorites to use in the Fall season. 

3. Wearing skirts and dresses more often- I have still been sticking to this. I have to get more stockings to wear because it is getting cold. 

4. Wearing makeup more often- My work schedule sometimes changes and I chose to sleep more than wake up early to do my makeup lol! I went two weeks this month without a single bit of it. Well I let my skin breathe a bit but I missed it .

5. Be more prepared and organized- Kinda slacked off on this one. There have been times where I just have a half hour to get myself ready and run out without my lunch and snacks. I'm working on it lol! 

6. Not to stress so much- I'm really going to miss sitting outside on my lunch break. That did help with clearing my head. I haven't been stressing out too much except for these past couple weeks. Everything is going to be okay. 

So that is it on the progress I have been making on my goals. How are you making out on your goals? Comment below and let me know. See everyone on Tuesday!!

~**Drea Notes**~

I had so much fun at my Beauty Bash with my girls! I will be posting about it soon!

When will these terrible 3's be over? 

Comments

  1. i wear makeup every day at work and i don't need to (nanny life). even if i'm wearing jeans and a tee, i don't feel "me" unless i'm wearing it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that way sometime, I feel naked without some days lol! Thanks for stopping by Elle!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to your tutorial posts and fashion looks! I am going to miss sitting outside during my lunch breaks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. I'm enjoying these warm days so I can sit outside!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...