Resolute Beauty Blogger June 2014
Last month I did a post on my blogging and personal goals. You can find the original post here. +Tanya from Leopard Lace and Cheesecake asked if I wanted to join in on this post and I agreed! I know they post their results towards the beginning of the month.
Hi Ladies! Beauty Bloggers Shalunya from Shalunya and Boyet and El from Glossy Glam Blog teamed up to create The Resolute Beauty Blogger. They wanted to do this to not only stay on track with their Beauty Blog Resolutions for 2014 but also to give other beauty bloggers the chance to join in on the action.
Here are my goals and updates on each:
1. Set a Blogging Schedule: This was one of the first things I did. I was blogging whenever I had a free moment and it just got a little crazy. I now post on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday and it makes it so much easier! I can schedule post ahead of time and just be more organized!
2. Change Up The Style: The blog still needs more work on the design aspect but I have changed a few things. I don't have the monthly themes anymore but still have some of my series like Brown Box Hair Products Reviews and my new on Shopping My Beauty Samples.
3. Learn More About Blogging: Haven't really dug into this one but will do soon. I've just been reading other blogs in the mean time.
4. Attend a Blogging Event: I haven't come across one yet...no wait I have. I saw a friend mine post about a blogging conference, Blogging While Brown but it was not in the budget this time around. Hopefully I'll get to an event soon.
5. Proof Read a Little Better: I have been working at this. I really take the time and read over my post a few times before posting. I even read it out loud to hear how it sounds.
6. Get a New Calendar and Book: I did go out and get a calendar, wish I took a picture of it. I keep my work schedule and what post I will be doing. I didn't get a new blogging book yet. The one I do have is almost full and I will be purchasing one soon. I'll be sure to take pictures next time!!
1. Figuring Out What I Really Want To Do: This one is going to take a while. I know things take time and don't happen overnight. I know I will find my way.
2. Wear Makeup More Often: This has been a hit and miss. It really depends when I wake up in the morning and if I did prepare the night before. I don't get a full face on all the time but I do get some makeup on.
3. Wearing Dresses and Skirts More Often: I have been pretty successful with this one. Besides when I go to church, I have worn a dress or skirt to work once or twice during the week.
4. Use My BBW Stash More: I've only done it one week this month! This one still needs some work!
5. Be More Prepared and Organized: I have been packing lunches the night before and it makes the morning so much easier!! There have been a few nights that I was just too tired to do so but I have been doing it more. I don't put out my clothes the night before. I try and then I wake up and don't want to wear that and search for something else lol!!
6. Not To Stress So Much: I'll admit to having a small meltdown but I've been trying to control myself. I know stress is not good for you. I wish I went to the gym more often because that helps a lot.
So that was the update on my blogging and personal goals after a month. I feel really good after getting a few of them accomplished and will continue to work more on the rest. Do you have blogging and/or personal goals? Comment below and let me know!!
~** Drea Notes **~
Can't believe the 4th of July weekend is here! Why is summer going by so fast??
I haven't had any Funnel Cake or Cotton Candy yet this Summer!! Those are two of my favorite things to eat every Summer!
Can't believe I have been blogging for a year in August!! My first giveaway will be coming up then!!