Skip to main content

Beauty Crown Awards- Week 3







The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014

Week 3 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Lip & Nail Products. Below are my Week 3 selections:

LIPS
Lipliner- Nyx and MAC
Now this week was very hard to choose but I love both of these lipliners. They are pretty similar to me besides the huge price difference. They are both really great lipliners to own.

Lipstick- NYX Matte and MAC
The only lipsticks I have owned for a while are MAC. I just love the colors and how they don't dry out your lips and stay on for a good portion of the day. Then I started to discover other lipsticks and fell in love with NYX Matte Lipsticks. I just love the way they look and how they basically stay on your lips for a while and also doesn't dry your lips out. I had way too many favorites but when with my top two!


Gloss- Benefit Cosmetics SugarBomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss
I received this in my Birchbox a few months ago and just fell in love with this. I have never felt a lipgloss so plush and soft before. I love the neutral pink tone and how it just feels on my lips, lol!

Tinted Lip Balm- Cover Girl Smoochies Lip Balm
This is my go to lip balm when I don't feel like wearing lipstick or gloss. It so moisturizing and I love the hint of color. The smell reminds of the Lip Smackers Lip Balm that I used to wear when I was younger. This is a really great product to own!


Lip Treatment- DIY Lip Scrub and Toothbrush
I basically use a DIY Lip Scrub to exfoliate my lips and keep them nice and soft or I will use a toothbrush to exfoliate. I have tried so many DIY Lip Scrubs, I haven't found a favorite yet but will let you guys know when I do.


NAILS
Polish- OPI
This is hands down my favorite nail polish!! I just love this polish so much. The formula is great and the polish stays last on your nails for a while.

Basecoat- OPI Nail Envy
I love this as a basecoat. My nails don't stain from the polish and it also helps with nail growth. I also wear this alone when I'm not wearing any polish.

Topcoat- Out The Door
I have searched high and low for a top coat that helps polish stay on my natural nails for more than a day. I know it can be hard but so far, I really like this top coat. It gives a nails a great shine and my polish stays on for more than a day which I'm happy with.

Treatment- Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream
I'll admit I've been pretty bad with taking care of my cuticles. I haven't really used anything in a while but with Winter here I needed to find something. I picked this up at Target and so far I like it. It smells so good and does the job. My cuticles look good and don't feel rough at all.








Comments

  1. Like the glass marble element you used for the pictures. I too like the NYX matte lipsticks, some really great colours they offer. I like the colour of that Opi polish. I still have yet to try the CG smoothies. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betti, I wanted to do something different with my pictures this time. There are too many shades to choose from with NYX,lol. That OPI color is Coney Island Cotton Candy, one of my favorite colors by them. You should try the Cover Girl Smoochies, it's great.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, great picks!! Definitely share a lip scrub with us when you find one! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea! These are all great picks! I totally agree with you on the MAC and NYX picks! MAC lipsticks are awesome! I have one NYX lippie which is a matte cream. Benefit's Sugarbomb really is the bomb! I enjoyed reading your post! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, thank you!! I definately agree, Mac has some great lipsticks and so does NYX! I have one of those Matte lippies by NYX, I think they are going to launch more colors next year! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I need to try those NYX Matte lipsticks, I always get so overwhelmed when I get to the NYX shelf and want to buy them all! I agree with that Sugarbomb. Great winners this week Andrea, thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should Jackie, they are so great! I get overwhelmed too trying to decide what to get. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...