Skip to main content

Beauty Crown Awards- Week 2~ Facial Care Products







The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 2 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Face Products. Below are my Week 2 selections:

FACE
Primer- Benefit The Porefessional and Too Faced Primed & Poreless
I couldn't just choose one primer because to me, these are both the same! I've been using both of the these primers and they both hide my pores, gives my foundation a flawless look and keep my make-up in place! 

BB Cream- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
I've been looking high and low for a BB Cream that matched my complexion and so glad I found this one. It matches me perfectly! I use this as an everyday wear for work and on the weekends. It gives me a great coverage and just looks natural.

Foundation- MAC Studio Fix Fluid
This is my go to liquid foundation when I need full coverage. I still need to explore the drugstore foundations but my complexion is uneven and like to try to see if it will be a match. Hopefully I will find one soon but I love this foundation!!

Powder- Makeup Forever Pro-Finish
One of my friends uses this foundation and I decided to give this a try. I love the way it has a nice, flawless, glowing look to my face and it has great coverage. I would love to try the liquid foundation from Makeup Forever soon!

Concealer- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer
I just started wearing concealer a few months and I've tried a few before trying this one from MAC and I fell in love!! This concealer really brightens the area under my eyes and hides my tired, little sleep looking eyes lol. I just love this concealer so much!! 

Brightener- I honestly have no clue what a brightener is lol but I'm welcome to suggestions and what a brightener is!

Blush- MAC Archie's Girl Prom Princess Blush
I've always been scared to try colors other than brown or peaches on my cheeks but this color looks so pretty against my complexion. Its not too bright and clownish looking like I thought it was going to be. I'm happy I stepped out of my comfort zone.

Bronzer- Too Faced Chocolate Soliel Matte Bronzer in Medium/Deep
I've never tried matte bronzer before and this bronzer is amazing. I love the glowy,look it gives and it smells like chocolate!!


Highlighter- MAC Iridescent Loose Powder in Golden Bronze
One of my good friends works at MAC (hence all the MAC products I own lol) and she recommended this a highlight and it is amazing. A little bit of this powder goes a long way and it really gives a great highlight . I mainly use this on the tops of my cheeks.


Palette- I don't own a face pallet but would like to at some point.







Comments

  1. Love your picks! How are you loving that MAC liquid foundation? Do you find that it breaks you out. I've been recommended it and I really want to try it out. And aren't those concealers great!? Their the best. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your picks Andrea! The Maybelline BB Cream is a favorite of mine too! I was using it all summer and then towards the end of summer, my face started to get really oily and so I stopped using it. I can't wait for spring and early summer to get here so I can wear it again! Your blush and bronzer choices are beautiful too! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your picks! Especially the Porefessional and the MAC concealer! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!! Rhondine, I don't use the foundation that much but I have not had any break outs from when I did use it. Yes, I so love those concealers so much lol! Liz and Liliana, no problem, I'm enjoying sharing and seeing what everyone else loves so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...