Skip to main content

Base Coat and Top Coat Review

For the month of December, it's All About Nails!! Today I'm going to be reviewing the base and top coats I current have and used before.

Base Coats:
As you can see from the picture, I only have two of them. I actually like both of them but I have Bern using OPI Nail Envy the most. I love that it just helps your nail growth as well as being a base coat. The Orly Rubberized Lacquer Gripping Base Coat really helps your polish stick to the nail and last for a while. I purchased both of these at Ulta.

Top Coats:
I know we all wish that polish would not chip so fast on natural nails but we can't help that sometimes. I've had trouble finding a top coat in the past that helps keep my polish on for more than a day and doesn't chip so fast. I'm still exploring them but so far I have found a couple that I do like!

Out The Door- This top coat is like my go to, number 1 that I use a lot. I was asking around on Beautylish for good top coats and this was one of the suggestions that came up. It really does a great job of keeping your polish on more than two days. It gives your nails a nice shine and I just love it!! It's also easy on your pockets, it was about 3-5 dollars at Walmart.
China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat- This would be really close to number one, I love this one just as much. I went to the nail salon one day to get a manicure and she used this top coat on my nails. My polish stayed on for like a week and didn't chip!! I ran out that week and purchased this. I found this at Sally's for about 6-8 dollars.

Orly Chip Resistant Top Coat- This works really well together with the Orly Base Coat but your nails start to chip after about 3 or 4 days. It a really nice top coat but I wish the polish wouldn't chip so fast. I got this and the base coat at Ulta.

Seche Vite- Everyone on Beautylish was racing about this top coat on how you polish doesn't chip for a while, how it gives your nails a wonderful shine and so on. I gave this a couple tries and I don't think it lives up to the hype. My polish would start chipping on the second day!! I was not happy with this top coat at all. I did try to give it a couple chances but I had to redo my nails after two days.

Hard Candy Matte Top Coat- This I'd the only matte top coat I own. I like the matte effect it gives on my nails. I purchased this a Walmart for about 3 dollars.

What top and base coats to do you use? Which ones have worked for you? Let me know so I can give them a try!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow