Skip to main content

Beauty Crown Award- Week 1








The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014

Week 1 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Personal Care Items. Below are my Week 1 Selections:

HAIR
Shampoo- Carol's Daughter Monoi 
This is my go to shampoo, I absolutely love this company and all of their products. This shampoo really helps with preventing breakage and shedding with my hair and it smells amazing!! A little bit of this goes a long way.

Conditioner- Carol's Daughter Monoi 
Of course I would use the partner to the shampoo and this is just as amazing! My hair is left feeling so soft and moisturized! 
Co-Wash Conditioner- Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Conditioner
For those of you that don't know, I do wear my hair natural. It is free of chemicals and heat. I only shampoo my hair once a month and co-wash my hair once a week when I don't shampoo. Co-Washing is only using conditioner to cleanse your hair. You would basically just apply the conditioner to your hair,let it sit for a few minutes then rinse out. I have been using this Herbal Essences conditioner and it is the best ever! It really helps detangle my hair and really makes it so soft and manageable to work with!! Plus, it's easy on my pockets, only about 5 dollars!!
Styling Product- Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle
I use many styling products on my natural hair to keep it moisturized and looking good. This curling gel is one of the best styling products I've ever tried!! It really does a great job in holding your hair in place, it doesn't get that crunchy,hard feeling like other styling gels do. It leaves your hair soft and last for a long time.

Hair Mask- Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
When my hair feels really dry and just needs moisture, this hair mask does the job!! Its actually a two in one product, it can be used as a masque or as a leave-in conditioner. It does a really great job of restoring the moisture and softness to your hair. You can find Shea Moisture products at Target, Walmart or your local beauty supply store.

Hairspray- I don't use hairspray anymore.

SCENTS
Body Mist- Twilight Woods
I used to work at Bath and Body Works part time and it was great to try out the new products before they hit the shelves! Twilight Woods was just a scent that was so different in a good way. It's a strong scent but not overpowering and I can't describe it but I just love the way this smells. Its a percent scent for Fall and Winter. 

Perfume- Victoria's Secret Heavenly Flowers
My absolute favorite scent when spring hits is anything that floral. I love the scent of flowers and this Victoria's Secret perfume really captures that perfect spring day. It doesn't have a strong floral scent, its real subtle and soft. I would wear it everyday but I like my more musky scents for the colder weather!


SKIN CARE (Non-Facial)
Body Wash- Tone Moisturizing Cocoa Butter Mango Splash
I rarely use a body wash but when I do, this is my go to. I love the scent and that it have Vitamin E and Cocoa Butter to help with keep my skin soft and moisturized. 
Bar Soap- Dial Coconut Water 
when I do wash, I only use bar soap and this is one of the best bar soaps I've used in a while. This does not leave that filmy, rough feeling from just using a bar soap. Your skin is pretty soft and feels great to the touch. Plus I love the fact that is has Coconut Water in it.
Body Scrub- DIY Vanilla Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
I love DIY products, especially for your body. I found this recipe online and it is so amazing!! The scrub is not harsh or rough on your skin and you don't have to put on lotion after you shower. Plus it smells so amazing you could eat it. Here is the recipe (but I didn't follow the exact measurements)
1/2 C Coconut Oil
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1/2 TSP Vanilla
I do have a post about this scrub on my blog!!
Moisturizer- Victoria's Secret Love My Body Seriously Soft Body Cream
When it gets cold outside, my skin gets really dry. I have trued so may body creams but they were too heavy, too greasy or didn't keep my skin moisturized at all. I purchased this Body Cream during the Semi-Annual sale and this stuff is the best!! I raved about this in my October Favorites Video, it really keeps my skin moisturized all day and its not heavy or greasy at all. I really hope Victoria's Secret did not discontinue this because I will cry, lol!

Hair Removal- ConAir Electric Razor
In the past, I have tried the traditional razors and was just honest scared to shave. I didn't like the feeling when I cut myself and always missing spots. I picked up this razor at Target and have been using this ever since!! I can use it wet or dry and it takes the fear out of shaving for myself. I just have to remind myself to charge it ever once in while.







Comments

  1. I just purchased that body wash, it smells so good! Great picks and thanks for joining us!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the smell of Twilight Woods Body Mists
    Great Picks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Julie, it's just the best stuff, have you tried their body products? Thanks Liliana, I'm so happy that I did join! Thanks Leigh-Ann, I couldn't pick between that or Japanese Cherry Blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use a lot of the same hair products! (: Shea moisture is like the only thing I need in my life (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear great things about Carol's Daughter. The Victoria Secret Heavenly line is amazing and many have chosen a scent from that line. I would have but I didn't want to choose a limited edition. All of your choices are great! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Shea Moisture Ebony, what else have you used by them? Thanks Shalunya, you should try out Carol's Daughter, its great for any hair type or texture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow