Skip to main content

On A Personal Note...

It is currently 12:45am and I just finished twisting my hair and kind of forgot I had a post that is supposed to go up today lol! I had something else planned for today but just wanted to be personal today. I had the most amazing weekend and just still thinking about it. I attended The Fearless Conference in Philly but I was doing my first Instagram takeover during the conference!! A little while back, Ahiyana Angel of Life According To Her reached out to me about taking over her Instagram stories during the conference. She first thought of me because I'm in the area and has been watching me on social media since we came in contact at her event, I Need New Friends (I have a post on this event, just to refresh your memory, you can read RIGHT HERE)! I was super excited because someone thought of me and saw potential in me going to an event on their behalf. I then became a little nervous about doing so. I really didn't tell too many people until everything was all set. I will have a more detailed post and vlog on the conference but it was so refreshing to be around so many women and we were just all being supportive and nice to each other. Everyone was just so friendly, down to earth and just wonderful to be around. I learned so much and took away some valuable lessons. I decided to take the quarter off from school to throw myself into this wedding planning. I am not happy that Zika decided to come around because we may be back here with the wedding. Of course that is another post for my wedding series but we want to have another baby and taking that risk with the destination wedding really made us think about it. So yea, I'll be doing more of that and trying to get everything else with life in order. At the end of the day, I just want to be happy and have a successful marriage. I would love for all the kid networks to stop playing so many toy commercials. It seems like they are going really heavy early with them. My son has been asking for stuff almost everyday lol. I'm trying to get him to narrow down his list for Santa lol! This should be fun! We're also trying to get him to pick a Halloween costume, he has it down to three but I am not buying three costumes lol! Hopefully he will pick one soon. I'm slowly getting back in the gym at least once a week which is a start. I hope to pick up some more days soon.

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY PREVIOUS POST ON MY SEPTEMBER FAVORITES??


Comments

  1. That's exciting that you got to do an instagram takeover! Congrats! The Zika virus is SUPER scary! I don't blame you....and yes they DEF start xmas ads wayyyy too early!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun and hope I can do it again sometime. Yes this Zika is scary, we want to take it safe but I was really looking forward to the destination wedding. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow