Skip to main content

I Need New Friends Brunch

If I told you I was extremely shy when I was younger, I don't think you would believe it but it is true. I would not just go up to people and talk to them or know how to really carry a conversation. I just liked being to myself but have come out of my shell since then. There are times where I can act a little shy but it's not as bad. I honestly didn't know how to network before or really attended a networking event in the past. I made this goal in a previous series, Resolute Beauty Blogger to get around to attending a blogging event and actually got to one. I just realized I never blogged about that event but you can read about it briefly RIGHT HERE!

When I saw this event on Instagram, I hopped right on it and knew I had to go! I'm really trying to get myself out there and gain more exposure. I also wanted to meet more people, network and really meet some new friends! I was super excited but so nervous at the same time. I was kind of forcing myself to go alone so I can work on making those connections and conversations. If I am going to being successful at blogging, I had to know how to really connect with others and network. So let's get into the event!


Well first a little background on I Need New Friends. These networking brunches were created by Ahiyana Angel and Sable B(I love them by the way!!). The purpose of these brunches is to help connect like minded professional women together that are looking for other women to connect with and make new friends. It gives you the chance to meet women from different professional backgrounds, walks of life and just someone new. This was something I really needed and I'm so happy I attended.

The brunch was held at this restaurant called Valanni. I have never been to this place but I loved it. The food and drinks were amazing. If you are ever in Philadelphia, you have to go. You can check out the site for the restaurant HERE!!


I made sure to have plenty of my business cards and questions ready! I love how intimate this event was so you had the chance to meet everyone and get around the room comfortably. When you arrived, you were greeted by the hosts of the event and they were so welcoming! Everyone had a place to sit based on the seating curation survey you filled out before coming. You were seated around those with similar results.


We also got a book by Eric Jerome Dickey called The Blackbirds. I cannot wait to get into the book (hopefully I can find time to read it lol).



 I felt very comfortable being there and immediately started chatting with the ladies around me. I didn't feel that shyness at all or felt stand offish. Everyone was sweet, funny and down to earth. Most of us had so much in common and I felt like I was finding some new friends. So the hosts wanted to officially welcome everyone, gave a little background on how they started the brunches and for everyone to get around the room and have a good time. I love how they both came around and talked with everyone. It was great getting to know them. Did I mention the food was good? We had our choice off a pre-selected menu and had our choice of a drink as well(I had Sangria and it was very good lol).



I had the Greek Omelette and it was so good. I actually finished my food before everyone else (I was hungry and if you know me, I'm greedy too and don't waste time eating lol).



After eating we all continued our conversations, getting around the room and exchanging information. It was just an amazing time and I met some amazing women. I'm so happy that I attended, it was so well worth it.



Funny story....they had the banner where you could take a picture and Sable was trying to take my picture with her camera and for some reason it was wasn't working. After a few tries she said we can try again a little later. Soon the camera was working and when we tried again, it stopped working lol! At some point it did work and it was just funny. She thanked me for being so patient and understanding the struggle with the camera. Good thing I was wearing my comfortable heels that day lol. Here is a picture of us before I left the event.



I highly recommend attending one of their brunches. It was an amazing, well put together event and you will definitely benefit from it. I know I did and plan to keep in touch with everyone I met. Please check out I Need New Friends on the site RIGHT HERE!! You will also find out more information on the creators as well.

Have you attended a networking event? What was your experience? Comment below and let me know. See you guys Thursday!!

Have you checked out my previous post on my April Goal Results and May Goals??


~**Drea Notes**~

I can't believe I have an actual Midterm and Final exams to study for in this class!! Ugh!

I'm super excited about out engagement announcement that came in!! I'll talk about that in my wedding series!





Comments

  1. This seems like a cool event. I don't go to many blogging events because its a long drive into the city during rush hour and the events are usually a week night at 6. I work until 530 so I have had to ask to leave early to go to the ones I have attended. There aren't any beauty events most are blogger meet up, blogging workshops, and a could fashion events at high end boutiques (which I can't afford haha). I do need to step out of my comfort zone because when I do go, I cling to my friend El who also blogs. I enjoyed reading your experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find some events but they always conflict with my schedule or something else I have going on. Hopefully more events will come along! Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...