Skip to main content

Resolute Beauty Blogger- May 2015



Happy Friday!!! I can't believe it has been a year since I set these goals for myself! So much has happened within a year and I can proudly say I've accomplished the majority of my goals. It was a bit of a struggle but thinking of  results at the end of the year made it so worth it! It feels good knowing I have changed within a year and how much I've grown. Well let's get into the updates.

Blogging Goals

1. Attend A Blogging Event- This one was my biggest challenges and I thought I wasn't going to accomplish this one. I searched high and low for an event to attend and finally found one in April. You don't know how happy I was because I was honestly about to give up. Well I attended the first Brown Girl Bloggers Meet Up in Washington DC. The area is pretty close to me so I didn't mind the commute. I'm sad I didn't take any pictures but really enjoyed this event. There were about 20 other bloggers at the event and it was hosted by the founder of Brown Girl Bloggers, Candice VanWye. She was so welcoming, down to earth and so full of amazing information. It was great sitting around with other bloggers and talking about strategies for successful blogging and just sharing tips and tricks. It was great networking and meeting new bloggers. I made sure to exchange business cards with them so I could keep in touch. I was just so happy to attend and hope to attend more events in the future.

2. Set A Blogging Schedule- I have been sticking to my Sunday and Thursday schedule. There are times that I have missed a couple days or posted on another day. I am now going to be adding every other Friday to the mix and I'll explain more of that in the next goal.

3. Change Up Current Style- Lately I've been really thinking on how to improve this blog. It will be almost two years of Naturalle Drea and I want to get better every year. I know I want to change the layout and improve the content posted. Now each day I post will be certain post to look out for: Sundays will be Fashion Sundays, Thursdays will be Thursday Reviews and every other Friday will be Personal or Favorite Friday. Stay tuned for exciting things that will be coming!!

4. Get Calendar and Blogging Book- I don't know what I would of done without my blogging book and calendar. They have kept me so organized and on top of things. I didn't forget anything and whenever I had an idea pop in my head, I had my book to jot it down. I recently purchased another calendar because my current one ends this month.

5. Proof Read Better- This one was also a struggle for me. I would call myself looking over a post and catch typos after I hit the publish button. I have really taken my time to read though the post a few times and just make sure it sounds good. It has gotten a lot better since last year but there is always room for improvement.

6. Learn More About Blogging- Well, I fell off on this one since I've been back in school. I did have a lot of information but haven't had time to read over it. I'll get a chance on my break in between the semesters.

Personal Goals

1. Wear Makeup More Often- This has been so much fun creating different looks and improving my skills. I even got some lashes on a couple times. I have been wearing it almost every day give me skin a break over the weekend.

2. Dressing Up More Often- I just purchased a bunch of maxi dresses to wear to work this spring and summer. I have been sticking to wearing a skirt or dress a couple times a week. I love putting outfits together and really dressing up and being girly.

3. Be More Prepared And Organized- I have gotten a lot better with this. There have been some mornings where I'm running around like a crazy person trying to get things together. It makes life so much easier if you have everything ready and packed the night before. 

4. Use BBW Stash More- Yea.......about this one lol!! I did go through my stash and throw away things that didn't smell so good anymore. I am currently using a scent now but I was more into my perfumes lately. I know I will find that balance. 

5. Not Stress So Much- Well things have been a little crazy lately and I have been stressing just a little. I was relocated again but I am closer to home and love working in the city. This location is much busier than my previous location and it got a little overwhelming to step in and take control of things. I am managing pretty well and love my new coworkers . I even know a few that I have worked with before. Also I have been stressing over school and how to balance everything in my life. I know that things will work itself out.

6. Finding Myself And Figuring Out What To Do- I feel like things are heading in the right direction. I have picked the right major to study and know that it will open more doors for me. I have been really researching what I want to do career wise and have been happy with life. I know I will find that career that is right for me.

So that concludes my Resolute Beauty Blogger. I just want to thank those that have done nothing but support me and have been so encouraging. I really appreciate you all!! I have been thinking about doing monthly goals or start a new series. What goals do you have set for yourself? Comment below and let me know. I am going to be taking another small break due to finals coming up and a 6-8 page paper. I can't believe I'm almost done with my first class. I will see you guys in about two weeks. I will have my favorites posted soon.

**Last Friday, I was featured on Heyy Gurrl Heyy for Flyy Girl Feature Friday. You can check it out HERE!!





~**Drea Notes**~

Just finished watching the first game in the NBA Finals. It's going to be a good series!!

My son has been doing so well with the potty, hopefully the pull ups will go soon!!! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow