Skip to main content

The Resolute Beauty Blogger- August 2014

Resolute Beauty Blogger August 2014



Hi Ladies!  Beauty Bloggers Shalunya from Shalunya and Boyet and El from Glossy Glam Blog teamed up to create The Resolute Beauty Blogger. They wanted to do this to not only stay on track with their Beauty Blog Resolutions for 2014 but also to give other beauty bloggers the chance to join in on the action. 

So I'm into my third month of this and still making good progress!!


Blogging Goals

1. Set Up A Blogging Schedule- Still sticking to my Sunday, Tuesday and Friday but there will be a special post tomorrow for the actual 1 year anniversary of my blog!!

2. Change Up The Current Style- This is still in the works. I've been talking to my cousin about how I want to change the site a bit. I also have been thinking about new series to start doing and I actually found my camera and the charger! I also found an editing program on my computer so my videos can start to look better.

3. Learn More About Blogging- I have been surfing the web and researching different blogging tips and the actual history of blogging. I didn't know blogging has only been around for 20 years! It has grown and changed so much during that time! I love all the info I'm finding!

4. Attend A Blogging Event- Yea.....still looking for one, I hope I find something soon!

5. Proof Read Better- I was looking at a post I did last week and found a few typos! Now I read my post out loud and make corrections as I go. 

6. Get Calendar And Blogging Book- I have been using both so much with writing ideas, taking notes on products I've used and mapping out my schedule of when I want to post things. I feel so organized!!

Personal Goals

1. Finding Myself, Figuring Out What I Want To Do- In my post last month, I found these three questions to answer. I'm working on the first one, "Who are you?" and it's really making me think about myself and who I really am. 

2. Wear Makeup More Often- I have been doing this more and can't wait for Fall to wear my berry, wine and red lipsticks! I'm trying to put a good dent in my stash before IMATS next year lol!!

3. Wear Skirts And Dresses More Often- I have been sticking to this and need to get some stockings for Fall and Winter. I had to throw out a bunch because they were too small or had runs. 

4. Use BBW Stash- You guys will be proud that I used two of my favorite discontinued scents last month!! I had to hide that Cool Coconut Surf lol! I can't wait to start wearing Japanese Cherry Blossom and Twilight Woods in the Fall.

5. Be More Prepared and Organized- This has been off and on last month but I'm still working on it. It helps so much when I pack everything the night before so the mornings run smooth. 

6. Not Stress So Much- Siting outside on my lunch break has been helping a lot. I just love listening to the nature and having nothing on my mind. I didn't have too many melt downs last month and been feeling more calm.

So that is it on the Blogging and Personal goals. Have you set goals for yourself? How have you been coming along with them? Comment below and let me know!

~**Drea Notes**~

So sad my crazy laptop would not start last night!! I hope it can be fixed soon, thank goodness for a backup (Well I'm using my Mom's lol)

I can't believe August is almost over and I'm already thinking about Christmas gifts lol!


Comments

  1. These are great goals Andrea! I didn't think blogging just started 20years ago! I remember my very first blogs were on MySpace hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. I had no clue about blogging before. I remember My Space lol!!

      Delete
  2. Great progress Drea! I can't wait for fall lipsticks either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Tanya! I've been counting down til Fall lol!!

      Delete
  3. Great goals...it looks like you are making good progress! I would like to attend blogger events also. I'm looking forward to seeing more videos.

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over