Skip to main content

On A Personal Note....

I'm thankful to be seeing another year and 33 looks good! Yesterday I celebrated my birthday and I didn't want to do too much. I just went to Sephora to get my Birthday gift (and brought other stuff lol) and went out and had margaritas and lunch with my fiance and treated myself to a mani and pedi. It was good just to have a day off and relax. It seems like the attitude of this country has changed so much and it is a bit scary. A lot of people have very strong opinions about recent events and what has been going on lately. I'll admit, I am very scared of what the next 4 years will bring. It seems like we are going backwards in time and it is not a good thing. I am scared of how people will be treated, if manners, equal treatment of others, respect and just plain common sense will go out the window. I know that I can't live in fear and chosen to take a positive and optimistic approach to things. I know I can't control,how other people think or their views. I'm choosing to be a light and just not show fear, especially for my family. I am not going to let the darkness and ugliness that can come about get to me and I'm going to continue to shine bright. If something is wrong, I'm going to speak up, if someone is doing something positive, I'm going to support them. I love that Women's March that went on this past weekend. Women from all different walks of life, age, cultures, race were out there in a no judgement zone marching for a common purpose. I love when we get together without any drama and uplift each other. I wish this can happen more often because as a united front, we can accomplish amazing things. I hope that this can continue and we keep on supporting each other, uplifting each other, standing for common cause, not judging or talking about each other and just being positive. At the end of the day, we are all HUMAN. It doesn't matter about race, color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, culture, religion, anything. We are human first and every human being deserves to be treated with respect, treated equally, treated fairly, allowed the same opportunities as everyone else and not be judged. Hopefully one day we can come to that but in the meantime, be a light and pay attention to what is going on.


HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY BOOK REVIEW??





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over