Skip to main content

Happily Ever Johnson: Registries, Rings and Things

It is crazy how fast this wedding is approaching! I can't believe it is almost February and June will be here before we know it! We have done so much with wedding planning and trying to make sure we have everything covered. First we started with finishing our registries. We started them but it just didn't feel complete. Earlier this month we attended a Sip and Scan event at Macy's. They had representatives from different brands such as Mikasa, Kitchen Aid and All Clad to answer any questions about products and to help you pick out the things you would like to put on your registry. They had a DJ there, passed hors o'derves and mocktails.

Here we are with the scanner having registry fun lol


We didn't have our formal or everyday dinnerware on the registry and finally picked those out. It was hard trying to decide what to go with. For everyday, I was looking for something that was durable since we have a 5 year old and dishware that was going to last. For our formal dinnerware, we wanted something that had the right amount of flare I'll say without being too much. The rep from Miskasa was so helpful in that department. 




We walked around the store for a while and found some cookware, towels, washcloths and other kitchen stuff. I really loved the event and crossing that off of my list lol!

Next on our list was the wedding bands. We both were not too sure on what kind of bands that we wanted. We headed over the jeweler where he got my engagement ring from and he was super helpful and made the process easy. It was really fun trying on all the bands and I found one that I loved and went with my ring. My fiance found a band that he liked as well. I didn't know they made rings in all these different metals, I thought it was either silver or gold lol.

The fiance looking at rings.


Lastly was getting together with my coordinators (aka my Mom and aunts lol) and looking for decor. We are pretty much doing a DIY for the centerpieces, bouquets, boutonnieres  and so on. We went out on one Saturday around to a few stores looking for the flowers to everything. It was a lot trying to figure out my many tables, how many bridesmaids, groomsmen, how many other corsages and things we needed. We made out really well and found a lot of what we were looking for. I found all of the arrangements I wanted on Pinterest (which I have been on a lot lol). I already knew what I wanted, it was just a matter of finding the flowers.

I feel like we are making a lot of progress. I just need to make sure I have everyone's correct address and making sure I'm not forgetting anything lol. I'm not going crazy just yet lol. 

So that is it for another wedding planning update. How did you stay organized when you planned your wedding? Hope you enjoy this week and see you Thursday!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY PREVIOUS POST, ON A PERSONAL NOTE??


~**Drea Notes**~

I miss watching football on Sunday! This Superbowl should be a pretty good game.

My son is so into Michael Jackson now. He watches his videos and tries dancing like him. I love it!



Comments

  1. I thought the wedding registries were really over whelming but my cousin went with us and helped us out back when I was engaged. I think DIY centerpieces are the way to go! Def a smart way to cut costs. I wish i did that lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was a bot overwhelming but glad it is out of the way finally lol! Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Naturalle Drea Is.....

I have been back and forth about this for a while. The end goal of this blog and my brand that I'm trying to build is success. I have been just trying to figure out my next moves and what steps to take next. This particular move scared me a bit but I feel like I need to take that step out of faith and fully jump into this. You know the saying, if your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.  Starting August 2nd, Naturalle Drea is will be moving to Word Press and officially naturalledrea.com! I am excited for this move and so thankful for those who started this journey here with me! I started this platform as outlet for myself to talk about the things I love and I have grown and learned so much from when I started over 4 years ago. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I first started but I fell in love with writing and creating content. I never thought I would start a Youtube channel either and I love creating videos (except for editing late at nig