Skip to main content

Book Review: Dreams Are Built Overnight

Can't believe my birthday is next week, next Monday to be exact! I just want to have a nice, relaxing day. Today I am bringing you another book review (I know, two in one week lol)!



I have to say, I really proud of this guy and everything that he is doing now. I actually went to elementary school with David and he was a pretty cool person(and still is lol). Before this book, he started a company called Sleep Is 4 Suckers which sells apparel with a message behind it. David also expanded into motivational speaking and is a pretty dynamic speaker. I really wanted to support him and read this book because I was really drawn to the title of it.

I honestly did not want to put this book down when I started reading it. I read this book every free moment I had because I really wanted this information to sink in. You can really visualize what David is saying in this book and really picture the message he sharing. He really does drop a lot of amazing knowledge, tips and advice in this book.

He basically is telling how he started in the workforce and how he made his actual passion and dream come to life. You don't have to think that you can't make you dream job or business happen, you really can. One part of this book that really stood out to me is when David explained how to take advantage of your current position to help with your passion. I know some people may say they are not happy with their current position and really want to be in their dream job. David basically tells you how to take advantage of that by improving yourself and getting yourself ready by taking a look on what you can improve on and perfecting that. It really made me think about how you really view your position and how you can improve yourself even if you are happy where you are.

This book has really changed my outlook on a lot of things. I felt pretty inspired and just taking a different outlook on how I look at my career path and what I am truly passionate about. This book really made me realize that I have been holding myself back a bit and really not using my full potential at times. I just need to step out on faith and take a chance. This was such an amazing book to read and I highly recommend you pick this book up.

So that is it on this book review. What are you currently reading? Comment below and let me know. Hope you have a great weekend and see you guys Tuesday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY PREVIOUS BOOK REVIEW??


Comments

  1. This book sounds really interesting and inspiring! I love reading motivational books. I find these types of books really helpful in balancing life! Happy Early Birthday Drea! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar! I did have a good birthday! Yes you should pick up this book, it is a good motivational one!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great inspiring book! I need to get back into reading. I need to look for a self help book haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really an inspirational book and good read. I'm just getting back into reading, I have so many books sitting around for me to read lol! Thanks for reading Tanya!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Naturalle Drea Is.....

I have been back and forth about this for a while. The end goal of this blog and my brand that I'm trying to build is success. I have been just trying to figure out my next moves and what steps to take next. This particular move scared me a bit but I feel like I need to take that step out of faith and fully jump into this. You know the saying, if your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough.  Starting August 2nd, Naturalle Drea is will be moving to Word Press and officially naturalledrea.com! I am excited for this move and so thankful for those who started this journey here with me! I started this platform as outlet for myself to talk about the things I love and I have grown and learned so much from when I started over 4 years ago. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I first started but I fell in love with writing and creating content. I never thought I would start a Youtube channel either and I love creating videos (except for editing late at nig