Skip to main content

Book Review: The Glamtwinz Guide To Longer, Healthier Hair

I don't know if it just me, but the weekends go by a little too fast lol! I look up and it is time to get ready for the school and work week. We got a lot of wedding stuff done over the weekend and of course I'll update you guys in the wedding series. Did you guys do anything fun this weekend? Today I am going to be doing a book review and it has been a while since I've posted one.




If are you are not familiar with this duo, they are an Atlanta based YouTube sensation that is famous for their long locks of hair and makeup tutorials. They recently wrote a book that gives an insight on how they achieved their hair length. I was really interested in reading this book to learn more natural hair tips and tricks plus I wanted to know how to get long hair too lol.

It did take me a little while to read through this book but I'm glad I finished it cover to cover. The GlamTwinz get so many questions on how they grew their hair so long, how long did it take and so on. I am a fan because it is so long, beautiful and healthy. It shows when they do hair tutorials that they really take great care of their hair and take so much pride in keeping it healthy.

I really love how they broke down everything that they do from washing, deep conditioning and trimming their hair. Each chapter is dedicated to explaining each process in their hair routine which is great so you don't get confused and can concentrated on each step. They gave some really great analogies on how important these hair care steps are. For example, they compared hair to growing a plant. That plant needs water, sunlight and soil in order to thrive and grow. If you don't water the plant, keep it in the dark and don't have healthy soil, that plant will not survive. Just like the plant, you hair needs those important things (well not soil lol) in order to be healthy and grow. I like that they stress the importance of taking care of the inside of your body as well as the outside.

The only thing is I wish they gave some product recommendations. I know that may of been a little hard due to people running out, trying the product and complain about not liking it or not working. There may be people who do not watch YouTube or know who the GlamTwinz are. When they are reading this book, they may just be starting on their natural hair journey or may not know what products are good to start with or try out. It would of been nice to see a few.

What I really love about this book is that they stressed the importance of being patient. They stressed it throughout the book but at the end they really broke down how important patience is. I would know that first hand with my hair journey lol. There were so many times I wanted to give up and not want to deal with my hair. I had to be patient to learn about my hair, know what it likes and doesn't like, how it reacts to certain products and just how to work with it. I find being patient the most important thing when starting on a natural hair journey or any hair journey. Long, healthy hair does not happen overnight. You have to take the necessary steps in order to achieve that goal you have in mind,

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book. I learned a lot of great tips and tricks that I can apply to my hair routine. It was very well written and proud of the GlamTwinz for writing a successful book. I highly recommend this book. Honestly, this book isn't just for those on a natural hair journey, I feel anyone who wants to grow longer and healthier hair can benefit from this book.

So that is it for this book review. What is the last book you read? Comment below and let me know. See you guys Thursday.

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY LATEST POST ON MY FALL AND WINTER WALMART BOXES??


~**Drea Notes**~

I tried the new Cascara Latte from Starbucks and I liked it. 

Yesterday we celebrated Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and wanted to leave you with one of my favorite quotes from him. I'm so thankful for his fight for everyone to be treated as equals and fairly. Also for showing us there are peaceful and non violent ways to fight for justice.

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward".  Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the book and have learned tips from them on your own natural hair journey! Its too bad they didn't tell you exact products because I'm sure it would be easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it would of been but overall a really good book. Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow