Skip to main content

Happily Ever Johnson: Destination Planning

It seems like Spring can't make up its mind if it wants to stay or not. This weather has been crazy! Well in my last post I told you guys that we decided on doing a destination wedding now. At first I was so against it but now I feel like we are saving more money than having a wedding here. Since then we have been trying to get things together so our family and friends can know how much things are going to be. My aunt put us in touch with an amazing travel agent and she has been so helpful. She answered all of our questions and has been very informal about the whole process. We decided on Jamaica and have been looking at the suggested resorts and different wedding packages the resorts have. I'm getting more excited the more these plans start to fall into place. Now I'm going to start looking at wedding dresses at the end of the month and we need to get on this engagement party planning as well. I can say that wedding planning feels less stressful now (I think I will drive myself crazy with finding a dress lol)! We also sent out our engagement announcements and here is what they looked like.


Front


Back


It took a while to find an announcement I liked and ordered these from Mixbook. They have a lot of great cards for so many occasions. I'm so happy with the way these came out and the pictures my cousin took for us. See you guys Thursday!!

Have you checked out my previous post from my series, On A Personal Note..?



~**Drea Notes**~

I had so much fun spending time with family this past weekend and see my niece graduate from high school!!


Looks like I shouldn't put any Fall or Winter clothes away anytime soon lol!

We're trying to find another unique hashtag for everything, its so hard lol!



Comments

  1. Jamaica sounds awesome! Look into Secrets resorts. They are amazing. All inclusive, beautiful grounds, excellent food and hotel staff. I have been to Secrets in Mexico but they have locations in Jamaica too. If you plan to bring your son or other children, it is an adults only resort but Dreams is a sister chain that does allow children. I HIGHLY recommend you looking into all the sister resorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone told us about Secrets but we do need a resort that is kid friendly. Thanks for the suggestion Tanya!

      Delete
  2. I love your engagement pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to less stressful wedding planning! Jamaica sounds exciting and that's great they have wedding packages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do have some great packages and hopefully we can decide on one soon! Thanks for stopping by Jackie!

      Delete
  4. This sounds simply great! Thanks a lot for these photos. We are getting married quite soon and trying to find affordable Chicago wedding venues for our ceremony. All venues we have visited are way over our budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we were looking at venues, they were so expensive as well. This destination wedding is going to save some money. Good luck with your wedding planning!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...