Skip to main content

Friday Favorites: On A Personal Note....

Happy Friday! I'm so glad the weekend is finally here!! I haven't done a post in this series in a while and I see that I'm starting to get away from that. Yes this blog is all about the things that I love and obsessed about but I need to be in the mix too. I remember my cousin telling me that he felt I was hiding behind my post. I didn't understand what he was talking about for a while until I read through here one day. It was all reviews and favorites but nothing about me. You all have been so open and accepting of my personal side and it means a lot to me! I can't believe this blog is coming up on two years already. I think I have been making the progress that I wanted and looking forward to what next year holds.


Life for me has been so hectic lately. I almost drove myself a little crazy trying to figure out how other people juggle everything. I am really loving my new location and it keeps me very busy everyday. After work, it is the demands of motherhood and a relationship on top of being a grad student and blogger. It felt like there wasn't enough time in the day for everything. I really wanted to coach cheerleading again this season but it looks like I can't and it kind of makes me sad. I really loved doing it last season but I know I can't do everything. It feels like I want to do it all but where am I going to find the time?? I know things will work out when they are supposed to. I have just been up and down with stuff and my emotions lately for some reason. One of my coworkers pointed out that you can tell when I'm feeling a certain way because I do tend to wear my emotions on my sleeves. I'm working on that, I know I don't smile a lot. I can pull that off so well in photos but don't know why I don't do so in real person. I am working on that too. I just feel like I'm working on so much but it will all be worth it!


What are your plans for this weekend? Anything fun? Enjoy the weekend and see you guys for Sunday Fashions!


Check out my previous post, July Birchbox and Ipsy!!




~**Drea Notes**~

I haven't been to the beach yet and I'm about bathing suit ready lol!! I need to get back to working out!

Speaking of working out, I need to start training for this Spartan Race I'm doing in November with my coworkers (Help me now please lol)!! This should be interesting!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow