Skip to main content

April Favorites

Happy Sunday!!! It has been a crazy busy week and weekend for me!! One of my best friends got married over the weekend and the wedding was amazing!! We had such a good time. Well, as I would say it's better late than never and here are my April Favorites. I didn't get a chance to film a video so I'm doing a regular post. So grab a snack and enjoy!!



Makeup

Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick


I picked these up at IMATS back in April and have been wearing them ever since!! I have heard so many good things about these liquid lipsticks and had to get my hands on them. They are so pigmented and long wearing. I really didn't have to touch up my lipstick at all during the day. They do not feel drying at all which a plus. They do transfer a bit so be careful of that but they stay pigmented all day. I have two in the colors Berry Me and the limited edition Black Rose. Here are swatches of both.


I really recommend picking a few of these up, they are pretty amazing!! I'm in love with them lol!!

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush


After hearing some of my favorite You Tubers rave about this brush, I had to pick one up. I already love Real Technique brushes and knew this one would be a new favorite. It applies my foundation evenly and gives a flawless finish. The brush is super soft and just an overall great brush to own. Here is a close up of the brush.


Hair

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Styling Butter


You guys already know this is one of favorite hair care lines. I saw this in Target one day and decided to give it a try. I love the thick and creamy texture of this styler and how moisturizing it is. Here is what the product looks like.

 It gives my hair amazing definition and helps keep my style looking great during the week. Here is a picture of a twistout I did using this styling butter.



Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter


I'll admit to picking up hair products and letting them sit in my bathroom for a while until I remember that I purchased the product lol!! I have heard so much about this twisting butter, I had to try it out. I was very impressed with the results I got after using this. I love the creamy consistency and the smell of this product. Here is what the products looks like.

 It helped keep the moisture in my hair and my style lasted for the week. Here is picture of my hair after using this twisting butter.


Shea Moisture Raw Shea Extra Moisture Detangler


This is another random purchase I made at Target lol and really love this product. I already love Shea Moisture and this is another new favorite. I use this before styling my hair to get any tangles out I may have missed. My hair is pretty thick and can get tangled easily. This products really helps styling my hair so much easier.

So that is it for my April Favorites. What were your favorites last month? Have you tried any of these products? Comment below and let me know. Hope you have a great week and see you Thursday.

Check out my previous post ~ Adovia Purifying Mud Mask.



~** Drea Notes**~

I just got some editing software and can't wait start making better videos!! I'm super excited!!

I think I'm obsessed with the new S'Mores frap from Starbucks lol!!



Comments

  1. Holy moly. Those Dose of Colors lipsticks are so striking. What amazing pigmentation. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure pretty amazing!! Thanks for stopping my Carmen!!

      Delete
  2. Holy moly. Those Dose of Colors lipsticks are so striking. What amazing pigmentation. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! The Dose Of Colors lippies are GORGE!!! I bet they look so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them Lily, they really do complement me well. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  4. Great favs! I got Berry Me too at IMATS and it does last ALL DAY but I found it to be really drying on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it does feel a little dry towards the end of the day but nothing some lip balm won't fix. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!!

      Delete
  5. I love the Real Techniques bushes also, they are of really good quality at an affordable price. I really want to try the Dose of Colour lippies. The shades that you chose are gorgeous!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Real Technique too and they are amazing for the price!! You should definitely try out Dose of Colors, I think you will like them!! Thanks for reading Keisha!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...