Skip to main content

Insta Naural Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oil Review*

Happy Snowy Sunday!! I'm hoping this snow doesn't affect getting to school and work tomorrow!! Today I will be reviewing two essential oils from Insta Natural. *I received these products complementary to review and this post is based on my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews.

Powered by BrandBacker*

I was so excited to receive these oils! I have used peppermint essential oil for DIY scrubs and for my hair. I wasn't too sure of the uses for the Lemon oil so I did some research online. I found so many uses for essential oils!! I didn't know that you could do so much with them. I found a few things I wanted to try out and have been loving these oils so far. Let's talk about each oil before getting into how I used them.

Directly from the Insta Natural site, Lemon Essential Oil is extracted from the rinds of lemon, which lends its fresh citrus fragrance. This cold-pressed oil has a strong bright scent that is both refreshing and uplifting. Its astringent and purifying properties also make it a great aid to help cleanse and tone the skin, while delivering a boost of Vitamin C antioxidant benefits. I love the scent of lemons and this oil was not too overpowering and strong. You can use this oil for cleaning, cooking, aromatherapy, skin care and so much more. When researching uses for this oil, I had an idea that I wanted to use more natural cleaning products around the house. Some cleaning products can smell so strong and be harmful to inhale. With having a little one, I am always cleaning up something and it would be perfect to have a gentle and effective cleanser.

Peppermint Essential Oil is a multi-purpose oil that cools, energizes and refreshes the body and mind. This steam-distilled oil is extracted from dried or fresh leaves from the Mentha Piperita herb, giving it a sharp, menthol fragrance. Its pleasantly sweet and minty aroma makes it a premium choice for aromatherapy to improve the mind and lift the spirits (taken from Insta Natural site). I always love a good multi purpose product and I enjoy the scent of peppermint. It is so soothing and relaxing. I love using this oil in the scrubs that I make for when I do my at home manicure and pedicure and also a full body scrub. I didn't know that you can use this oil for cleaning and an alternative to harsh room sprays. 

I had so much fun trying out different recipes that I found online for each oil. I was just mind blown of all the things you can do with essential oils. I found all of the following recipes online.

First I made a Lemon Cleaner. I took an old bottle of cleaner that I used to use for cleaning everything and replaced it with this natural cleaner.

5oz Distilled Water
5oz Vinegar
1 tsp of Baking Soda
20 drops of Lemon Essential Oil

Combine the Water and Vinegar
Slowly add the Baking Soda little bits at a time
Add the Essential Oil and stir in



I actually had to add more oil because all I could smell was vinegar at first. I used this to clean the kitchen and furniture in the living room. I loved the gentle smell and how effective it was cleaning everything. This is my new everyday cleaner. 

I also used this oil for a fragrance around the house. I put a small pot on the stove with warm water and some of the oil. I turned the stove on low so it would just stay warm. I could only smell the fresh lemon in the kitchen but I loved it. I need to figure out how much oil to add so you can smell it all through the house.

With the Peppermint Oil, I made a natural room spray. 

2 cups Hot Water
1 Tbsp Baking Soda
10-12 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil

Combine Water and Baking Soda and stir until it dissolves
Add Oil




I did add a little bit more oil in this room spray. My son did a #2 and the whole room smelled so bad(Potty training has been on and off with him. He'll get it soon, hopefully)!! I sprayed the whole room with this and at first I couldn't smell anything. Then I could smell something subtle but it eliminated the bad odor in the room. I will have to play around with this one but I was pretty impressed.

Of course I had to make a scrub with these oils and found a recipe that used both of them.

Lemon Minty Sugar Scrub

1 1/4 cups of Sugar
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Zest from 1/2 lemon
5 drops each of Peppermint and Lemon Essential Oils



I took a shower with this scrub this morning and the aroma was so relaxing. I didn't want to leave the bathroom lol! The scrub left my skin feeling super smooth and soft. I didn't even have to put lotion on after showering, except for my feet and my skin is still moisturized. This would be great for those mornings I'm running late and don't have time for everything. If you try this scrub or anything I shared today, let me know.

So that is it for my review on these essential oils. You can find both of these on the Insta Natural site or Amazon for 19.97 each. Have you tried essential oils? Which ones do you own and how do you use them? Comment below and let me know. Hope you stay warm and see you on Thursday!!

~**Drea Notes**~

So excited for the new series that will be coming to Naturalle Drea soon!! I can't wait lol!!

I'm hoping spring comes soon!! 

Can't believe IMATS is next month!! I'm super excited!! 

Comments

  1. Wow what great ways to use those products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! It got a bit overwhelming with all the info!

      Delete
  2. What fantastic recipes! You know I will be trying that scrub!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keisha! Let me know how you like the scrub when you try it!!

      Delete
  3. The DIY sprays sounds awesome! I didn't think the oils can be used in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was crazy when I was doing my research!! I can't wait to make some more useful products!! Thanks for reading Jackie!!

      Delete
  4. Hey Andrea...it's me again. I just want to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Be sure to take a peek at my blog for the details:)

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...