Skip to main content

The Value of Marriage Today....

If you guys don't already know, I am getting married very soon....next month to be exact lol. It has been such an experience planning everything, the trying on of dresses, DIY projects, meetings, seating charts and so on. My fiance and I had our finalization meeting yesterday with the venue and we went over everything for the day. We asked to walk through the venue again to make sure we had everything covered. We were outside where the ceremony will take place and I was standing on the aisle and looked up to see my fiance standing a few feet in front of me. It started to really sink in that we are really getting married. After that night, it will be a new chapter in our lives as husband and wife. Now I have heard horror stories on how marriage changes people, they don't realize who they really married and let things just fall apart. I hear that marriage is work and not always easy and so on. I know everyone has a different view and experience on what marriage is or has been to them. I just feel like we are only making things legal and I am taking his last name so our family can be one. I don't think that a title change should change us, we are still the same people that fell in love and want to spend the rest of our lives together. I do understand that you have to be able to live together and be around each other more often, I can see how that can come into play with some things. I am going into this with a positive mind and heart filled with love. I am going to take those vows serious, that we are both in this together like we have been before, always be each others support system, be there in the good and bad times and not give into defeat when things get rough. I want a successful marriage and to be able to celebrate those milestones like 10, 20 and 25 years of marriage. You sometimes don't see that, especially when a marriage falls apart. People are more worried about what caused the downfall and placing blame. I just feel like you can't take some of these celebrity marriages seriously anyway, how do you get married for a couple days and then don't want to be married that person anymore? You have to have a serious mind about committing to someone and not give up when things are "for worse". I have been around a lot of people who are still successfully married, have been married and divorced and even remarried. I try to take more of the good of the marriage than the bad. It is always good to know and listen to other talk about marriage and see how people value it today. 


(Image taken from the web)

Hope everyone has a great weekend and see you guys Tuesday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT THE LATEST WEDDING UPDATE??

~**Drea Notes**~

I am super excited about my bachelorette party this weekend! I was just told the dates, I have no idea where we are going or what we are doing lol! I just want to have a fun time everyone no matter what we do!

I can't take how big my son is getting, he'll be 6 soon and he has been asking for a sibling lol! 

Comments

  1. That is a perfect way to describe marriage! I can't wait to hear how your bach party goes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! I will be posting about that soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you aren't worrying about the negatives. I think its actually really a great thing that you already have a child together because alot of time that puts a strain on a marriage but you guys have already made it through that together! From my own experiences with my failed marriage, the one thing I can tell you is that you BOTH need to always be honestly about your true feelings on any subject. If you both are honest with one another, then that's then things fall apart. Also, you need to ALWAYS take the time to spend quality time together where you aren't doing anything else besides enjoying one another's company. That means, laptops down, cell phones away etc. Also don't ever forget what made you fall in love with eachother in the first place! Always keep that spark alive! <3 Can't wait to hear about your wedding. I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the advice Tanya. Honesty is very important in any relationship and also spending quality time!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Dreams Are Built Overnight

Can't believe my birthday is next week, next Monday to be exact! I just want to have a nice, relaxing day. Today I am bringing you another book review (I know, two in one week lol)!



I have to say, I really proud of this guy and everything that he is doing now. I actually went to elementary school with David and he was a pretty cool person(and still is lol). Before this book, he started a company called Sleep Is 4 Suckers which sells apparel with a message behind it. David also expanded into motivational speaking and is a pretty dynamic speaker. I really wanted to support him and read this book because I was really drawn to the title of it.

I honestly did not want to put this book down when I started reading it. I read this book every free moment I had because I really wanted this information to sink in. You can really visualize what David is saying in this book and really picture the message he sharing. He really does drop a lot of amazing knowledge, tips and advice in this book.

Happily Ever Johnson: Registries, Rings and Things

It is crazy how fast this wedding is approaching! I can't believe it is almost February and June will be here before we know it! We have done so much with wedding planning and trying to make sure we have everything covered. First we started with finishing our registries. We started them but it just didn't feel complete. Earlier this month we attended a Sip and Scan event at Macy's. They had representatives from different brands such as Mikasa, Kitchen Aid and All Clad to answer any questions about products and to help you pick out the things you would like to put on your registry. They had a DJ there, passed hors o'derves and mocktails.

Here we are with the scanner having registry fun lol

We didn't have our formal or everyday dinnerware on the registry and finally picked those out. It was hard trying to decide what to go with. For everyday, I was looking for something that was durable since we have a 5 year old and dishware that was going to last. For our formal di…

February Onyx Box

I am so happy the weekend is here! What do you guys have planned? I am going to the movies with some friends and seeing what else the weekend will bring. Today I'm sharing what I got in my February Onyx Box!

CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY VIDEO!!
So that is it for my February Onyx Box. What did you get this month in your subscriptions? Comment below and let me know! Have a great weekend and see you guys Tuesday!!
HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY NEW BEAUTY BOX SUBSCRIPTION??
~**Drea Notes**~
I miss watching football on Sundays. I can't wait until it come back. 
My son now has two loose teeth, I can't take how he is growing up!