Skip to main content

Shopping My Beauty Samples

Happy Thursday. I hope you guys have been enjoying the week so far. Today I'm bringing you another post in my Shopping My Beauty Samples series. Let's get into the reviews!




Kate Spade Walk on Air Perfume


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 25.00-95.00
Review: I have quite a few perfume samples and I really like trying different scents. I had no idea that Kate Spade had perfumes at all, I just know of their purses. I really loved this perfume. It was such a fresh scent, perfect for everyday. This has notes of Lily of the Valley and Magnolia. The floral scent wasn't that strong but it was just enough. I would pick up the roller ball in this fragrance, it is perfect for spring.

Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 32.00
Review: I have a few products from this line and this is one of the first ones I've tried. I haven't tried a peel off mask in a while. This one was pretty easy to remove and left my skin feeling really soft and smooth. I think I would purchase this one.

Christine Brinkley Complete Clarity Daily Facial Exfoliating Polish


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 34.95
Review: It seems like a lot of former super models are branching into the beauty industry. I was really interested in this daily exfoliating polish. I normally exfoliate my face at night 1-2 times a week. This polish was really gentle and not abrasive at all. It left my skin feeling really soft and smooth. I may purchase this in the near future.

Mica Beauty Cosmetics Cream Eye Shadow in Bronze



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 14.95
Review: I have previously tried another eye shadow by this company and loved it. I thought this was dried out when I opened it but it was not. I love how creamy and smooth this shadow it. It glides on the lids so smooth and is very pigmented. I am really getting into using cream eye shadows and I would pick up another one by this company. Here is a look I created using this shadow.



Cover Girl Bombshell Volume by Lashblast Mascara


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 10.00
Review: This mascara was in one of those limited edition boxes. I really like the mascaras that I have tried by Cover Girl. This one is a two step mascara for those bombshell lashes. You would use the base coat first and then the volumizing top coat. I thought this mascara was pretty good. It did make my lashes look longer than give them volume. I may repurchase this, I'm on the fence about it. Here are some pictures of both sides of the mascara.





Peony Cosmetics Shadow Trio Eye Shadow Palette


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 17.95
Review: I thought this was a cute little palette. It would be perfect for traveling or keeping in you makeup bag. I love how the three shadows complement each other and can create a nice day or night look. They are pretty pigmented and easy to blend out. Here are pictures of the shadows, swatches and a look I created. I'm not sure I would pay this much for this palette but if the company sold these individually, I would purchase them.








LOC Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Wildest Dreams


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 8.00
Review: This is the cosmetic line launched by Birchbox and I was excited to try something out. This is such a pretty color and so pigmented. This was not drying at all and had a pretty good wear time. I really like this and would probably purchase and other products from this line. Here is a swatch.



So that is it for Shopping My Beauty Samples. Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts? Comment below and let me know. See you guys tomorrow with my first makeup tutorial!!

Have you checked out my previous post from my wedding planning series, Happily Ever Johnson??




Comments

  1. The LOC lipstick and Mica cream shadow look really nice! The shadow looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over