Skip to main content

Happily Ever Johnson: Getting Overwhelmed!!!

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter. My son had way too many jelly beans and was extra hyper all day lol! I need to hide the rest of them now lol! Well this is like a personal post tied into the wedding planning series. I'm happy to say we have a venue and a date!! I was so excited when that process was over and we can get along with the planning. I'm trying to figure out color schemes, what center pieces and so on. I'm trying to save on money by planning this and doing most of the decor and stuff on my own along with some help. Then the advice and helpful comments started to roll in and I started to get a little stressed. My fiance and I do not live together at the moment so we would need to factor that in with budgeting and everything that comes with moving in together. I will need a new car at some point and praying that my car holds out until next year because it is paid off and I don't have a car note to worry about. My fiance suggested a destination wedding and I just never had that in mind, I always saw myself having a traditional church ceremony. Other family members and friends also suggested that as well and said it would be cost effective and save money. I heard just to worry about saving for a house and worry about a ceremony later. Do we have a budget? Have we looked at all options? I started to get really overwhelmed and wanted to shut everything down. I know everyone means well but at the end of the day, it is me and my fiance that will be in this marriage together and yes I don't want to start out in debt. We want to be able to move in after the wedding and not have looming wedding debt over our heads. I want to look back over that day and remember that day. I'm more worried about having my dad walk me down the aisle and give me away. I know that will mean so much to him and myself and have been looking forward to that for a while. I just want to eat, laugh, dance, drink and have an amazing night that is stress free and more than I could imagine. Now I'm thinking of going along with a destination wedding or doing something else. I'm just all overwhelmed at this point. I know what I want but is it the right move? Will we be still looking at bills from the big day? I just got all excited when he proposed and wanted the whole experience of planning a wedding and trying on a million dresses, venue shopping, bridal shower, bachelorette party and getting drunk with my bridesmaids and closest friends and so on. I want the whole experience and I hope that can happen. I am still excited about spending the rest of my life with him and just being happy. I'll give you guys a little preview of a some photos my cousin took after we got engaged.



How did you overcome the stress with wedding planning? Comment below and let me know. I have a makeup tutorial coming Thursday or Friday so stay tuned for that. Enjoy the week and see you Thursday!!

Have you checked out my previous post on my March Birchbox and Ipsy??


~**Drea Notes**~

I have been in the gym for the past two weeks!! So proud of myself and I am currently very sore right now lol!!

I miss watching football! I can't wait until the season is back. 

I tried the new latte from Starbucks, it was okay. I was expecting it to be more sweet and taste more honey. 

Comments

  1. You will figure it out! I don't want to say don't do this and don't do that but looking back, I wish I didn't spend AS MUCH money because I could have saved that money that my parents gave me for something else. Its a good thing you want to do your own centerpieces etc. Its definitely cheaper to do that. If you aren't having a huge wedding I would suggest trying to do as much stuff as possible on your own. Wedding invitations are also very expensive and you could buy invitation kits online and make them yourself. When it comes down to it, the day is about your love for one another. You can def make things beautiful for 1/3 the price of getting it from other people. Pinterest and etsy are awesome for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice and suggestions Tanya!!

      Delete
  2. I can feel the stress from your post, i never had a huge wedding party since i wanted to spend that money somewhere else like you said - the house, car and/or honeymoon. It's definitely what priorities comes first for you guys, and once that budget is set all should fall into place and you can dance the night away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over