Skip to main content

Be Your Own Goals

Funny things is, I was supposed to have a review up today on Ivy's Tea Co today but I forgot some the teas and honey at work lol. So I was staring at this screen before I started typing and was trying to figure out what to put up. 

It is nice to admire others and inspire to be like them but it is also nice to be your own goals. It seems like social media has taken over and driving just about everything so you see like your goals and aspirations from your favorite influencer to celebrity. It is so easy to get caught up in other people's lives that you start to think that is how your life is supposed to go. You see your favorite Youtuber purchasing a new house, expensive car, going on shopping sprees, dating the hottest guy and so on. You see this and say to yourself, I want those things but in reality does it fit you and your current lifestyle? 

I'll admit to purchasing some things I see others purchasing online but I will stop myself when it is something way out of my budget or something I can't see myself spending that much money on. As much as I want that particular item, it really isn't a need. I have other things I could put that money towards and save. Sometime I wish I could just go out an buy a house or spend hundreds of dollars on shoes and clothes( the most I ever spent on shoes was the ones for my wedding which were close to three hundred and so worth it!) and just buy makeup all the time. It would be nice but I don't have the budget like some of these influencers and definitely live a different lifestyle. 

Body images are also all over social media and it is so hard not to want to look a certain way. The perfect body to me is the body you look back at in the mirror and so happy with the way it looks. I know I'm not that disciplined to be in the gym about 5 days a week and eating super healthy to get my abs back I had in college. I choose to hit the snooze button in the morning instead of getting up to exercise or feel too tired to workout after getting home from work. This is reality but I am working on making time to exercise and eat better. I realized I can't look like my ideal body images but I can be a better version of myself.

It can so easy to get consumed in the social media world with wanting to be #goals but it can be nice to be your own goals. Enjoy the rest of the week and see you Thursday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY LATEST FASHION HAUL??

~**Drea Notes**~

Starting next Thursday August 2nd, Naturalle Drea will be over on WordPress as naturalledrea.com! I'm still working on the site but so excited!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow