Skip to main content

Blossoming to Grow

During the months of September and October, I took this 4 week writing course called In Bloom. I have been looking for a writing course to help improve my writing and blogging skills. I came across Write Laugh Dream by Ashley Coleman on Instagram and first signed up for the Writers Write WLD series. It was a four week course where you were given daily prompts and you wrote something to finish the thought. I really enjoyed writing daily and just making myself think about how to finish the prompt.

After the series was over, Ashley reached out about signing up for a pilot session of In Bloom. This was another four week course but it was more interactive than the previous series. There was a video call once a week as well as a workbook for the course. During the first week was an introduction of the course, introductions of everyone and what we would be writing about. The goal at the end of the course was to help us to improve our writing and create a writing piece. I was excited to jump in and start writing.

During the weeks of taking this course, it helped me to stop holding back and to be more transparent. I was looking for ways to express myself through my words and thoughts better. I was looking on ways to better grasp my readers and just be a better blogger. I am always for ways to improve myself. I found myself starting to open up more and feel more inspired with writing. I also started to read poetry as a suggestion by Ashley to help with my writing. It is amazing how these poets make their words flow so smoothly and you can feel the emotion or thought that is on the page. 

I really took a lot away from this course and learned so much. I look forward to apply what I've learn to to this blog and other writing ventures. I just feel really inspired to just write more open and transparent. You can check out Ashley's website RIGHT HERE!!

Here is the piece that I created for the course. Hope you enjoy and see you guys Thursday.

I was one of those people where I had my whole life planned out before high school. I knew I was going to Duke, I was going to be married by 26 and thought I knew who I was going to marry and what I was going to do for the rest of my life. I didn’t know that life was about to happen and change my plans. I didn’t know how to adapt to the change of not being in my dream career path.I was feeling pretty lost and had no idea where to go next. I felt like I settled for the things I was good at and kept thinking about my dream. I kept thinking about what another path I was supposed to take and how I was going to find it. 

It wasn’t until I started my blog 4 years ago that I found that path. I fell in love with this space I created. This space was something that I could call my own, it was something that I was actually creating and something that was me. I fell in love with writing, taking pictures, recording videos and just being enveloped in this creative space. I knew this was going to be work, this was not going to give me overnight success and it was something I was very passionate about. I wanted this to be my next move, this to be my switch but how?

How was I going to make that transition when I  have a family to support and things are taking off slowly? How was I going to stand out from the hundreds of bloggers and YouTubers out there trying to make a name for themselves as well? There were so many questions that I had and it made me start to doubt myself and if this was actually the right move.  

I started to overwhelm myself with thoughts and questions and it started to drive me a little crazy. I had to take a step back and think with a clear head. I narrowed down what I wanted to do and figured out point B but I needed to know how to get there from point A. I needed to find that path or road that would validate my career.

The road is not going to be easy. I know that it’s going to be a lot of rejections, upsets, and disappointments. I know it’s going to be some long nights, tears, frustration and self-doubt. I know I need to push myself when I want to give up.I know that in the end, all of it will be worth what I’ve built.  I know I have to take my time and figure out what moves I need to make and how to steer myself in the right direction. I’m also committed to stop doubting myself and my abilities. I know I have what it takes to do this and the support system to back me up. 
I am now at that point where I’m trying to figure out what is next? What move do I make now to get where I really want to be? 

When there is something that you cannot stop thinking about and something that you are passionate about, you should pursue it. You should not let fear or doubt get in the way of your dreams. My blog started as a small outlet four years ago to talk about my love of makeup, fashion, beauty and my natural hair journey. The more I dove into the blogging world, it became apparent that this was the career I was looking for. I saw how others made blogging and creating YouTube content into a living. I have always been scared of this not working out but how would I know if I didn’t try?I didn’t want to spend my life wondering why I didn’t take that chance and pursue my dream. I don’t want to live with any regrets. I decided to step out on faith and take this head on. My blog and channel are starting off in the right direction and I hope it will continue to grow from there. 

Comments

  1. This was very inspiring. I want to give up at least once a week. It's my passion but it's so much work on top of a full time job. When you see so many other people succeeding and your only slowly improving its defeating. This reminded me I need to keep pushing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am that way every week, a couple times a day but remind myself that I promised not to give up. I'm glad it inspired and motivated you Tanya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over