Skip to main content

On a personal note....

It seems like so much has been going on lately, the presidential race, Olympics, summer going by way too fast, Football season is almost back (I had to throw that in there lol). Along with that, I'm still holding down a lot but it has gotten so much easier with having a set schedule for everything. I don't feel like a chicken with its head cut off lol. I'm not doing so much last minute anymore but still procrastinate a bit (can't help it lol). It just feels like I am a lot more focused on what needs to be done, what is a priority and so on. It just hit me that I'm an adult (like after how many years) and I'm about to be a wife next year. Where did my young adulthood go? It just seems like I was fresh out of college with my degree, still going out and partying and just getting into real adult responsibilities. Now I'm a mommy, about to get married, looking for a house, back in school and really trying to find my niche in the career world. I am still amazed every time I look at my son that I helped create that little life and he's growing so fast. He's going to kindergarten (I think I'm going to cry the first day of school). It is just amazing to me and I love my role as a mom. The other day I was up late and the movie Step Up was on. At some point I started to tear up because of how much I miss dancing. I really hope I can fit that back into my schedule because it was something that was a big part of my life and such a passion. I would eat, sleep and breath it if I had to chance to. I also can't get over Naturalle Drea turning 3 years old at the end of the month. I'll have a blogaversary post around then.

Image taken from web


HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY JULY GOAL RESULTS??




Comments

  1. Life really does fly by! You should look into classes and take them every now and then. You don't want to lose something that you loved so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying to find some classes but there are always conflicts with my schedule. Hopefully I will. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!

      Delete
  2. Time flies when you're having fun =) The worse thing is sacrificing what you really, really love because of stuff but there's always a way to squeeze that in if you really want it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...