Skip to main content

On a personal note.......

Happy Thursday!! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend! I had fun with family and friends and just enjoyed being off work for a nice long weekend. Now it seems like everyone is getting ready for Christmas and 2016 will be here before we know it. I debated on doing a post on this but I kept thinking about it so I decided why not. Last month I went to a party with one of my best friends. We had fun laughing, joking and dancing to good music. It was great to get out because both of us have kids and we haven't been out in a while. So as the party goes on and people start filtering in, we started to get approached by guys. Now this one guy came over to dance and it's a party, you're supposed to dance. So the guy asks what my name is and if I have someone. I answered that yes I have someone. He's like No, I'm playing and I'm like I'm serious, no games here. Then he said something that made me stop and look at him like he was crazy. He said "Well, take down my number so I can be an option". I had to stop and think about what this dude said. Why would you want to be an option aka side dude? Wouldn't you want to be with someone that is completely yours? I respect my relationship and sometimes don't understand why others don't? So most of the night this guy kept finding me and trying so hard to convince me that I needed to give him my number and it was getting so annoying after a while. There were plenty of other females at this party that were most likely single and he was chasing me. My friend and I left the party early so I could avoid that dude when the party let out. What he said and how he was acting really stuck and I just couldn't get why he didn't respect my relationship, Why is it okay for me to step outside my relationship to talk to you. If I did leave my guy for you, I know he wouldn't like it if I did the same thing to him. I honestly don't think people think of these things. It seems like television heavily influences affairs and it being okay to be the side piece. It seems like people really don't value if someone is in a relationship or not. When did it be okay to be number 2? When did it become normal in a way? Even if I was single, that is such a turn off. If I don't want to talk to you or not interested, respect that and move on. I guess this is something that can probably never be answered.

So that is it for another on a personal note. I will be back tomorrow with November Favorites.

Have you checked out my previous post, November Essence Beauty Box??



~**Drea Notes**~

I haven't put up my tree yet. Is anyone else ready for Christmas?

I tried the new Holiday Spice Flat White at Starbucks and it was pretty good. You just have to let it sit for a little bit to get the full flavor.



Comments

  1. Some people are pretty ballsy. I don't understand it either. I feel like cheating is so "normal" now a days it disgusts me. Loyalty is a very hard thing to find now a days....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tonya. It seems like things have really changed. Hopefully we can understand it someday. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. You know Andrea I think that this is such an important topic to discuss. I find it disgusting how some people will try disrespect a person relationship. I don't understand it either why would anyone want to be a backup person. Also I read a story about this woman who was engaged and she turn down a man who asked her out and he killed her! I was like what is this world coming to?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about that and it was so sad and senseless. I don't know what is wrong with people these days. Thanks for reading Pilar!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over