Skip to main content

Lip Balm Challenge Results

Last week, I tried out 5 different lip balms to see which ones really work and which ones don't. It was a pretty interesting week but I actually did find a lip balm that worked for me and I'm suprised about the one I chose. First, let me review each lip balm before revealing which one I liked and rank them. I asked these questions with each lip balm I tried:

Did my lips stay moisturized?
How many times did I feel the need to reapply during the day?
Did my lips feel dry at any point during the day?
How did my lips feel at the end of the day?

Before applying the lip balm, I did exfoliate my lips which helped a lot.

10/28- EOS in Sweet Mint~ I tried this lip balm before and really didn't like it so much. I decided to give it second try. I must say, I did like it better this time. I think exfoliating before helped a great deal. I didn't feel like I had to apply it that much during the day. My lips didn't feel dry at all and they felt pretty good at the end of the day. I'm just surprised, maybe you should give some products a second chance if you didn't like it at first.

10/29- Chapstick Hydration Lock in Vanilla Creme~ I got this as a bonus product in my October Birchbox. I have used Chapstick in the past and it has been pretty okay. I didn't feel like I had to apply it all day. My lips felt soft and did not feel dry at any point.

10/30- Baby Lips Clinical Strength in Peppermint~ I used this product before but not in the clinical strength. I was on the fence about this lip balm because everyone was raving about it and I didn't really think it was all that great before. I like that this didn't have a really strong peppermint smell or have that tingling sensation. I wasn't too crazy about this lip balm, my lips did feel like they were dry at some point during the day. The funny thing was, they weren't dry at all to the touch. I didn't feel like I had to apply it that much during the day.

10/31- The Honest Co. Organic Lip Balm in Sweet Orange Vanilla~ I received this lip balm in a previous Birchbox. I was pretty in interested in trying an organic lip balm. This one was okay, I found myself needing to apply this a lot during the day. My lips did feel dry but were soft to the touch. I just don't like feel like I have apply lip balm every five minutes because my lips feel dry. Maybe it was just me but I wasn't too crazy about this one.

11/1- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Butter~ I got this in Five Below ( I so love that store, I'm always in there getting candy lol) and thought it would be good. I love using Cocoa Butter to moisturize my skin, why not try it on my lips. I really didn't like this too much. The formula was okay, it wasn't as thick as I thought it would be and it did make my lips feel dry. I was applying this like crazy during the day. I was pretty dissapointed in this.

So these are how I like each lip balm with 1 being I will be using this and 5 being I didn't like it at all. I'm really surprised with my results and happy with finding a lip balm, especially during this cold weather.

1. EOS
2. Chapstick
3. Baby Lips
4. The Honest Co.
5. Palmer's

Funny thing is, that is the exact order I used them in during the week. If you guys have any recommendations, reviews or suggestions~ I'm open to the them all!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow