Skip to main content

DIY Face Mask- Oatmeal

This is week 3 of trying out different DIY Facial Mask. Today I tried this oatmeal mask. Here is the recipe:

1 TBSP Oatmeal (Ground very fine)
1 TBSP Plain Yogurt
A few drops of Honey

Mix all together, leave on for 10 minutes then wash off with warm washcloth.

Well I did not ground up the oatmeal, I left it whole which I think may of made a difference. It was very easy to make but it was a little messy when I was applying it to my face. The mask did harden during the 10 minutes it was on my face. It was very easy to wash away and my face was left feeling very smooth and soft. I did wash my face prior to applying and followed up with my eye cream and night moisturizer.

The benefits of oatmeal on your skin is that it has 18 Amino Acids which helps heal your blemishes and repair your skin. It is also hypoallergenic for those who have sensitive skin. I found the oatmeal to be very gentle on my skin and did act as an exfoliant which is another benefit. Yogurt contains Lactic Acid which helps keep your skin hydrated and helps with pre mature aging of your skin. There is also a zinc content in yogurt to help shrink pores and reduce your blemishes. And I noticed that the mask I've used so far have contained honey. I am really surprised that it was not sticky on my face and came off easily.

Well, we have one more Sunday left in this month and will be the last DIY facial mask that I will be trying out. So far, I've liked all of them and wouldn't mind incorporating any of them in my facial regiment. And speaking of facial regiment, I need to update you guys on what I'm currently using. So far, I really like the way my skin as been looking and feeling. I do have another challenge for the last two weeks of this month that will be starting tomorrow and I will be updating you guys on my skincare regiment, eyeshadow pallet challenge and what I got in my November monthly subscriptions!! Let me know if you try any of these mask out!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over