Skip to main content

On a personal note....

I was in the craft store one day getting new fabric for a backdrop when this couple walks up to get in line. We greet each other and the woman says "Wow you have a nice head of healthy hair, its beautiful". I said thank you and she goes on to say "It's nice to see our sisters wearing their natural hair instead of all that weave, its damaging to your hair". I just nodded because I didn't agree with her statement and was so glad my number was called right after that. She just could of left it at the complement but I honestly don't understand why women do that. I honestly do not care how you wear your hair, as long as you are happy with it and it works for YOU. I have worn weave before, my hair used to be relaxed before I decided to go natural and I always change up my hair. Why bash someone else because of how they choose to wear their hair? We are supposed to be about unity, support and togetherness and it hurts me sometimes to see women tearing each other down and bashing each other. I guess I may never understand it but I'm about supporting everyone and wanting to see everyone succeed and make it. Everyone is unique and different for a reason and in a good way. I love those women who rock their unique style in confidence and go by their own rules and don't let anyone tell them that they are not "society" standards and keep their head held up high. We all have to have that mentality sometimes. I love being me and love my wild natural hair and makeup and style and so glad I have grown into loving it. I am happy that I made that decision with my hair because it works better for me and I can always straighten my hair if I want (sometimes I miss it but it is too much work lol) and go back to curly or wear braids or a weave if I want. You do what is best for you and don't let anyone tell you different. 


Image taken from the web


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I just don't understand some people sometimes. Thanks for reading Tanya!!

      Delete
  2. You know something, I've been told that too. How my natural hair is so beautiful and the no weave wearing comment etc. I think that it's crazy to say things like that! It's your hair and you can wear it how you want! I love my natural hair, but I also like to switch things up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Its like just leave it at the nice complement and keep the other stuff to yourself. Thanks Pilar!!

      Delete
  3. Exactly! Wear what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Its about you and only doing what is best for you! Thanks for stopping by Jackie!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow