Skip to main content

I'm Thankful.....

It is that time of the year again. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Of course I love eating most of the day and spending time with family and friends. It seems like this is the only time of the year when we reflect over what we are thankful for but I feel we should be thankful everyday. Not trying to take away from Thanksgiving but sometimes we take the simple things for granted and I am guilty of that. There are people out there who do not know where their next meal is coming from, when that job will come through, if there will be enough money to pay all the bills, if they will have roof over their head and so on. I get so bent of shape and stressed over things that I should be more thankful. I have a place to call home, I have a place of employment, I have means of transportation (I don't know how my car is still going but I'm thankful it still runs lol), I have clothes and shoes to wear and I have people who love me. Things may not be rainbows and sunshine but it is a part of life. You go through those ups and downs to make you stronger. I love this saying that GOD doesn't give you more than you can bear. I know there is joy at the end of whatever storm, trial or tribulation you are going through. I am thankful for the gift of patience everyday. I have learned the hard way that I can't control everything and things are going to happen when they are supposed to. My path to life and success is mapped out differently and I will reach that high point when it is my season. I am so thankful for my son who amazes me everyday. I love his little life so much, it's amazing. I'm thankful for the man who wants to spend the rest of his life with me. I love how much we have grown and how much more we love each other. He is always there in my corner and pushing me to do better. I'm thankful for my family and friends who I love so much. I'm going to try to be more thankful everyday for the little things.

I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends. See you guys on Tuesday!

Comments

  1. Drea, you have a lot of the same insights I have especially about being grateful for the simple things and God not giving us more than we can handle. I think sometimes people can get so consumed in all of our trials and tribulations we can forget to be thankful for the things we do have and the things we have to look forward too in the future. I tell myself that anytime I'm faced with adversity. Beautiful written post, and I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...