Skip to main content

NARS Review

Happy Thursday! Hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend! I attended a wedding of one of my friends that I cheered with in college. It was great catching up with everyone and I caught the bouquet! Well today I'm bringing you a review on a few NARS products I have been trying out. Let's get into the reviews.


I recently became a Sephora VIB member and I received an email about getting this bag with 3 NARS products for spending 35.00 online. I couldn't resist and was so happy to try out some other products by NARS. I have already tried a couple lip products and fell in love with them. The products that came in the bag were the Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Primer, Pro-Prime Light Optimizing Primer and Orgasm Blush. I have heard so much about each product and couldn't wait to try them.



Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Primer


This primer has been highly talked about on YouTube. This primer is supposed to help keep your shadows on all day without creasing or smudging. I really like the smooth texture of this primer and how well it blends in. I used this under my Mac Paint Pot and my shadows stayed put all day. I did not see any creasing at all. I really enjoyed using this eyeshadow primer, I may purchase the full size that runs for 25.00

Pro-Prime Light Optimizing Primer


I haven't heard too much about this facial primer but I figured it would be just as good as the shadow primer. I love that this primer has an SPF of 15 for extra protection. This primer is supposed to help your skin have that natural glow and give your foundation that vibrant appearance. The formula is weightless and oil free. I honestly didn't notice that illuminating factor and had to stop using it because it broke my face out. It seemed like a nice primer and my foundation did stay all day and didn't budge. The full size of this primer is 34.00.

Orgasm Blush



I have always wanted to get my hands on this blush for a long time. I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. I just couldn't bring myself to spend 30.00 for one blush! The color of this blush is so gorgeous! I love the peachy color with the golden shimmers. This blush is a bit sheer on me but it gives my cheeks a nice glow. I'm always afraid of applying too much blush but this one I may have to build up a bit. Here is a picture of me wearing the blush if you can tell lol!


Here are swatches of each product mentioned in this post.


Overall, I really liked each product except for the facial primer breaking me out. I think I would invest in the full size products. There are a few other items that I have been wanting to try like the popular concealer. What are some of your favorite NARS products? Have you tried any of the ones in this post? Comment below and let me know. Enjoy the rest of the week and see you guys tomorrow for August Favorites!

Check out my previous post on Setting Powders.



~** Drea Notes **~

I can't believe Starbucks has the Fall drinks out already! I had a Salted Caramel Mocha the other day lol!

It's the last week of class and I believe I will be finishing with a B. This class was a lot of work but I learned so much.

My son started school again and I'm so glad he's full potty trained now! 

Comments

  1. Love NARS! In addition to Orgasm, I also love Super Orgasm (with extra sparkles, haha) for a night out on the town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look out for Super Orgasm next time!! Thanks for stopping by B!!

      Delete
  2. I am in love with Nars products, I def want to try the eye primer as I have also heard such fab things about it.

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Keisha, I think you would like the primer! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  3. Try scratching off the top textured layer of the blush. You may get better pigmentation under that top layer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for the tip Tanya! I'll give that a try!! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much and thanks for stopping by Larisa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi dear! I've never tried Nars but for sure the look you've created is fabulous!
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marghe!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...