Happy Sunday!! I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. Yesterday I attended a bridal shower for one of my best friends. Can't believe her wedding is next month!! I can't wait to share in her big day!! Well May will officially be a year since I made these goals for myself and I'm so happy with the progress I've made. I honestly doubted myself at first but I'm proud that I stuck to it and pushed myself. Here is the update for April.
1. Attend A Blogging Event- I had to put this one first because I found an event to attend!!! You don't know how happy I was when I found out about this event. Well I joined the Brown Girl Bloggers network and just became somewhat obsessed with their site and all the amazing info I was learning. So one day I got an email that they were going to start doing meet ups and the first stop was Washington DC. I am close to that area so I just jumped on it and purchased a ticket. It will be a great way for me to network with other bloggers and learn even more information about blogging and the group. The event takes place next month and I'm super excited!! I will most definitely be doing a post on that event!!
2. Set A Blogging Schedule- I have been sticking to my new Sunday and Thursday schedule. It does make things a little easier only posting two days a week with school and everything else going on. I have more time to really plan out post I want to do for the week.
3. Get Calendar and Blogging Book- I'm still using both a lot for keeping track of anything blogging related. It will be time for a new calender soon. Any suggestions on planners or calendars??
4. Change Up Current Style- This has been on hold for a little while. It has been kind of hard getting over to my cousin to discuss a new design for everything but I hope to really get this back on track very soon.
5. Learn More About Blogging- Since I'm back in school now, I really haven't been doing much research on this or reading the notes that I have taken. Hopefully when I have some down time I will be able to get into this more.
6. Proof Read Better- I really have been working on this. I make sure to really read over everything a few times before hitting the publish button.
1. Not Stress So Much- I was doing so well until my class started. I saw all the work and the three papers I had to write, I started to freak out a little. I thought I wasn't going to be able to handle this at first but it is going well. I study on my lunch break and when I get home from work. I make the time for my school work and the other things going on in my life.
2. Wearing Makeup More Often- I have been keeping up with this and loving my makeup looks. I'm trying to start wearing lashes almost everyday and working on contouring and highlighting. I'm getting better at the application of it and just in love with makeup!!
3. Dressing Up More Often- I have been sticking to this also. I want to get some more maxi dresses to wear to work since it is getting warmer out now. I love how you can just throw a blazer or cute jacket over one to wear to work and also wear it later for a night out.
4. Being More Prepared and Organized- I have been getting better at this but some nights I'm just so tired and just want to go to bed. I have been waking up early and giving myself enough time to get ready and get my son ready and out the door on time.
5. Using BBW Stash More- Recently, I went through my stash and tossed some scents that didn't smell so good anymore and it has put a little dent in my collection. I have been using Endless Weekend and Moonlight Path recently.
6. Finding Myself and Figuring Out What I Want To Do- So after a little over a month of being at my new location and being full time, my location was closed and everyone was being located to different campuses. If you didn't know, I work for a university. I was a little shocked by this as I was getting to know my new coworkers and everything. I was so thankful for my old manager for looking out for me because I almost didn't have a campus to go to. The commute to my new location is not that bad but still driving out of state. I've been there for about two weeks and really like it so far. Everyone is so nice and was very welcoming. Funny thing is I work by another mall and I've already been to it lol!! I also love my new Monday-Friday schedule and no working on Saturdays unless I'm needed. I can enjoy more family time and actually get to the gym. It has been a bit of an adjustment but I'm taking it well. I've been slacking off in the gym but go to a dance class once a week which I'm loving!! I was so nervous about starting grad school and had thoughts of if I could do this but I know I got this and have such a great support system. Things are really starting to fall into place and I'm hoping more good things come my way.
So that is is for my progression for April. I just can't believe its been a year already. What goals have you set for yourself? How are they working out? Comment below and let me know. There will be no post this Thursday due to my paper being due soon and working on that. I may post something this weekend and will have a post on Sunday. Have a great week!!
Check out my previous post on my new fashion series, What Goes With This??
Can't believe the NBA playoffs are already here. I'm not sure who I want to win yet but enjoy watching each series.
Has anyone tried Starbucks new smoothies?? I haven't yet and they look pretty good.
It is so funny listening to my son sing certain songs in the car. His new favorite song is Bruno Mars Uptown Funk. I'm not tired of it....yet. It's better than Happy lol!!