Skip to main content

Started with a thought.......

So I was just siting at home, folding clothes and cleaning (my normal on days off) and had a thought. All these makeup and hair products that I have been trying out, YouTube videos I've been watching, why not blog about it! I'm just getting back into really wearing makeup after having my son two years ago. No one ever really taught me how to properly apply makeup, I kinda just picked up things from friends, then eventually found the MAC counter and now the power of Social Media. I kinda wish that I was taught how but I've enjoyed learning the way I have. I also never really knew what products were the best, worst, and so on. In high school it was all about what I could afford, in college, one of my best friends told me about MAC and I was hooked ever since. Now from watching MUAs on YouTube and through Beautylish, I've learned there are so many other products out there. I just never knew about them until about a couple years ago. Now, I'm obsessed with trying out every and any product I can get my hands on.
On my 24th birthday, I was at the salon getting my hair done and decided after that, I was going to stop relaxing my hair. I loved wearing my hair straight, how it felt and looked but I didn't know how much damage I was causing it. My hair would only grow to a certain length then start breaking off. I have cut my hair short several times to see if it would grow really long and not shed so much. Going to the salon and getting it relaxed, wash, curled, colored was getting so expensive. So I started just going to the Dominican salons and having them blow my hair out. I noticed that it was growing, looking healthier and not as damaged. After a few years, I started to notice the natural hair movement starting to become big. I was scared on how my hair would act if I stopped straightening it or how I would wear it, what to use and so on. Thank goodness for social media, I never would of know all that I'm learning now about my natural hair. I stopped going to the salon a few months ago and I'm enjoying my natural hair journey.
I just want a place to come and talk about products I'm trying, how my hair journey is going and so on. Most of the time, I'm talking to a two year old and most moms know how that is. Just hope to really learn more along the way and hope who ever reads this does too. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow