Skip to main content

On a personal note.....

I don't know about you, but I am so ready for the warm weather. This last snow storm we had was just crazy! I just realized that I have been blogging for 6 months now. It doesn't even seem like it's been that long. I'm so glad I didn't give up this time. I did try to start a blog maybe about 2 years ago and got so frustrated because no one was reading it, so I deleted it. Blogging to me has been a challenge and not as easy as I thought it would be. You really have to keep up your schedule but you can't help what life throws at you, have interesting topics and themes, and just a great platform. Successful doesn't happen overnight, you really have to be patient and have faith in what you are doing. I think I have been doing pretty well so far. I don't have any followers yet but I have people who read and comment which makes me happy. I'm glad I have people reading and I just didn't give up on this. I want to thank you all who do read and comment, it means a lot to me!!  I really wanted to challenge myself and have an outlet that is about me outside of the motherhood, work, relationship me. I'm lucky enough to have family willing to help redesign my blog which is coming soon and really wanting this to be a success. I have great friends who give me stuff to review and talk about on here which I am so grateful for. Yesterday I posted a picture of my Valentine's Day look and had a request to do a tutorial for it. Now trying to do makeup tutorials will be a challenge but I'm willing to take it on. I'm getting better at the Vlogging. I know I do talk pretty fast sometimes and I do that when I'm really nervous. Practice really does help and the more I do videos, the better it will get! I hope to get a great camera soon to do videos with and get the editing software to really make great videos. Since I starting blogging, I have so many ideas floating around for future post and theme and just where I would like to take this. I think blogging is a way to me figuring out what I want to do for the rest of my life and just figuring out where I want to be. I hope to have another good 6 months of blogging and much more!!

 
~ ** Drea Notes** ~
 
I had an amazing Valentine's Day, hopefully I will get that post up soon.
I can't wait until Summer is here, I haven't been to the beach in so long!
I also can't wait to have some water ice when it gets warm, been having a taste for it. 

Comments

  1. Yes this weather is definitely annoying and can't wait for Spring to be here already! We have no more place to put the snow actually and you will see the mounds of snow out on the street are all taller than me now! Hope your staying warm though!
    Oooh can't wait to see your makeup tutorial =) and hopefully more to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think everyone is about over this snow. I've been staying in the house and not going anywhere unless I have to. Doing this makeup tutorial should be pretty interesting but I think it would be fun and I hope to do more possibly.Thanks for stopping by Jackie!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...