Skip to main content

My Natural Hair Journey

It was five years ago on my birthday when I decided it was my last relaxer. I was just so tired of my hair breaking off, it only growing to a certain length and just the expense of keeping it up. I wasn't very knowledgeable about going natural at the time so I got press and curls or went to the Dominican salon. I also wore my share of weaves, braids, had my hair long and short and so many different colors. My hair seemed healthier, it was growing but still shedding like  crazy. I really didn't do much with my hair except wrap it, put some kind of product on it and did flat iron when needed. Little did I know all the heat damage I was doing to my hair. In my area, I really didn't see a lot of people with natural hair. Every female had a relaxer, weave, braids, you name it. So I really had no one to ask how to properly manage natural hair, how to style it, or just what to do. The only thing I could do was turn to the Internet.
Sometime around last year, I really started to notice the natural hair movement. I saw a lot more women rocking their natural hair and it was beautiful. Around that time I lost my job and was trying to cut on expenses and save money. I decided to start doing my hair myself. It was really rough at first but after watching a lot of YouTube, researching on the Internet, I finally found a hair regimen that worked for me. My hair is so much healthier, so manageable and I love my natural hair. I will post on my current routine, products I use and just more about my hair journey! Feel free so share your stories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...