Skip to main content

On a personal note...

I can't believe I've been married for 3 months already. It seemed like yesterday I was stressing out over wedding planning and now we are officially married. I have officially changed my last name and it is weird sometimes when people call me Mrs. Johnson. It wasn't as bad I thought going around to change my name. I don't think that now we made things official that it changed us, we are still the same people but just now husband and wife. It is more trying to be on the same page with finances, life, schedules, goals and so on. It is not just about myself anymore, we are a unit, we are one. It has been an adjustment making room for us to share space because as my husband said jokingly, I'm selfish with space. I have a lot of stuff, I'm a female, I'm supposed to lol. Overall, it has been great and I'm looking forward to many years of happiness and love. I feel like I've been having a mini mid-life crisis. I've felt all over the place with my thoughts and wondering about my next move, what I want to do for the rest of my life and so on. I started to stress myself out a bit and had to get my thoughts together. I was listening to Dreams in Drive podcast once day and the topic was how to push past overwhelm and stay focused. It really caught my attention and made me think about what was making me so overwhelmed. I am focused on figuring that out so I can find my focus again. I guess we all go through something like this at some point. I just want to be on a clear path and have some direction. I know everything will work out and be okay. Hope everyone has a good weekend and see you Tuesday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY LATEST HAIR PRODUCT REVIEW??

~**Drea Notes**~

My son had his first soccer practice and he did so good! Guess I'm officially a soccer mom now lol!

I'm going to the Lauryn Hill and Nas concert, I'm so excited!!


Comments

  1. I feel very overwhelmed and stressed thinking about my future personally and career wise. I def focus on it too much instead of trusting that in time everything will work itself out. Have fun at the Lauryn Hill and Nas concert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worry so much that I drive myself a little crazy. I just need to trust the process and hope things will work out. The concert was amazing! Thanks Tanya.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...