Skip to main content

Shopping My Beauty Samples

Happy Thursday. I hope you guys have been enjoying the week so far. Today I'm bringing you another post in my Shopping My Beauty Samples series. Let's get into the reviews!




Kate Spade Walk on Air Perfume


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 25.00-95.00
Review: I have quite a few perfume samples and I really like trying different scents. I had no idea that Kate Spade had perfumes at all, I just know of their purses. I really loved this perfume. It was such a fresh scent, perfect for everyday. This has notes of Lily of the Valley and Magnolia. The floral scent wasn't that strong but it was just enough. I would pick up the roller ball in this fragrance, it is perfect for spring.

Hey Honey Take It Off Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 32.00
Review: I have a few products from this line and this is one of the first ones I've tried. I haven't tried a peel off mask in a while. This one was pretty easy to remove and left my skin feeling really soft and smooth. I think I would purchase this one.

Christine Brinkley Complete Clarity Daily Facial Exfoliating Polish


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 34.95
Review: It seems like a lot of former super models are branching into the beauty industry. I was really interested in this daily exfoliating polish. I normally exfoliate my face at night 1-2 times a week. This polish was really gentle and not abrasive at all. It left my skin feeling really soft and smooth. I may purchase this in the near future.

Mica Beauty Cosmetics Cream Eye Shadow in Bronze



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 14.95
Review: I have previously tried another eye shadow by this company and loved it. I thought this was dried out when I opened it but it was not. I love how creamy and smooth this shadow it. It glides on the lids so smooth and is very pigmented. I am really getting into using cream eye shadows and I would pick up another one by this company. Here is a look I created using this shadow.



Cover Girl Bombshell Volume by Lashblast Mascara


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 10.00
Review: This mascara was in one of those limited edition boxes. I really like the mascaras that I have tried by Cover Girl. This one is a two step mascara for those bombshell lashes. You would use the base coat first and then the volumizing top coat. I thought this mascara was pretty good. It did make my lashes look longer than give them volume. I may repurchase this, I'm on the fence about it. Here are some pictures of both sides of the mascara.





Peony Cosmetics Shadow Trio Eye Shadow Palette


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 17.95
Review: I thought this was a cute little palette. It would be perfect for traveling or keeping in you makeup bag. I love how the three shadows complement each other and can create a nice day or night look. They are pretty pigmented and easy to blend out. Here are pictures of the shadows, swatches and a look I created. I'm not sure I would pay this much for this palette but if the company sold these individually, I would purchase them.








LOC Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Wildest Dreams


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 8.00
Review: This is the cosmetic line launched by Birchbox and I was excited to try something out. This is such a pretty color and so pigmented. This was not drying at all and had a pretty good wear time. I really like this and would probably purchase and other products from this line. Here is a swatch.



So that is it for Shopping My Beauty Samples. Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts? Comment below and let me know. See you guys tomorrow with my first makeup tutorial!!

Have you checked out my previous post from my wedding planning series, Happily Ever Johnson??




Comments

  1. The LOC lipstick and Mica cream shadow look really nice! The shadow looks so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...