Skip to main content

Thursday Reviews: Shopping My Beauty Samples

Happy late Thursday! Man things have been a little crazy this week but things are going well. I haven't done a post in this series in such a long time. I have so many samples waiting to be reviewed. So let's get right into the reviews!!



Nourish Organic Renewing Eye Cream



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 19.99
Review: I really enjoyed using this eye cream. The under eye area stayed moisturized and felt smooth. I loved the consistency of this, it wasn't too thick and blended in very well. Mostly likely, I would repurchase this.

Dove Pure Dry Oil



Box It Came From: Ipsy and Walmart
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 9.00
Review: Funny thing is that I received two samples of this products in different boxes. I really love the scent of this oil! It has a rich, thick texture but it not too heavy. It doesn't feel greasy at all and works so well with my hair. I would most definitely repurchase this hair oil.

Marc Anthony Oil Of Morocco  Argan Oil Hair Spray



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 8.99
Review:  I normally don't use hair spray when but decided to give this a try when I straightened my hair. It does smell like the typical hair spray but doesn't stay around long. My hair didn't feel sticky or hard at all and my curls stayed all day. I was really impressed with this hair spray. I think I would purchase the full size.

Pacifica Duo #2 Shadows and Ethereal Shadow




Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: Unsure
Reviews: I really love the colors of the shadows. They are great neutral colors for everyday. The colors were not what I expected when I used them. They are a little sheer but you can build up the color. I would  most likely purchase other products from this brand. Here are swatches of each shadow.

Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagent Mascara


Box It Came From: Sephora
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 24.00
Review: I got this mascara with racking up 100 points at Sephora. I have only tried foundation from Makeup Forever so I excited to try another product. I really love this mascara! It really enhanced my natural lashes and made them look so long and full. The wand is so interesting to me, here is a picture of it. I would repurchase the full size!!


City Colors Creamy  Lip Stain in Flirtini


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 5.00
Review: I was excited to receive this lip stain. I haven't had a lot of luck with many lip stains and hoped this would be good. I really love the color of this lip stain and it is very pigmented. It didn't feel drying at and had a pretty good wear time. I would repurchase these. Here is a swatch.



Mica Beauty Mineral Eye Shadow in Harlequin


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 14.95
Review: I really love this pigment. The color is so gorgeous and it is so pigmented. There is very little fall out when applying this. I love the packaging and the top so you don't spill anything. Here is a picture of the inside packaging and a swatch. I would purchase more mineral eyeshadows. 




So that is it for Shopping My Beauty Samples. I have a lot more samples to review so be on the look out for more post in this series. Have you tried anything else products If you have, what were your thoughts? Comment below and let me know! See you for Fashion Sundays!!

Check out my previous post, Liquid Lipstick Battle




~**Drea Notes**~
 next month
I got a 95 on my Power Point project. Now I have a paper due soon lol!!

Can't believe my son is going to be 4 next month!! Where does the time go?

My blog will be two next month. Thinking of trying the giveaway again.
.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! I may purchase some more of them! Thanks for stopping by Tanya!

      Delete
  2. Nice beauty samples! The Dove Pure Dry Oil sounds really interesting! Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Dove oil really is great for your hair! I think you would like it! Thanks for reading Pilar!

      Delete
  3. The eye cream sounds lovely! I also like the look of the shadows!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keisha, I really did like the eye cream and the shadows too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...