Skip to main content

Friday Favorites: On A Personal Note....

Happy Friday! I'm so glad the weekend is finally here!! I haven't done a post in this series in a while and I see that I'm starting to get away from that. Yes this blog is all about the things that I love and obsessed about but I need to be in the mix too. I remember my cousin telling me that he felt I was hiding behind my post. I didn't understand what he was talking about for a while until I read through here one day. It was all reviews and favorites but nothing about me. You all have been so open and accepting of my personal side and it means a lot to me! I can't believe this blog is coming up on two years already. I think I have been making the progress that I wanted and looking forward to what next year holds.


Life for me has been so hectic lately. I almost drove myself a little crazy trying to figure out how other people juggle everything. I am really loving my new location and it keeps me very busy everyday. After work, it is the demands of motherhood and a relationship on top of being a grad student and blogger. It felt like there wasn't enough time in the day for everything. I really wanted to coach cheerleading again this season but it looks like I can't and it kind of makes me sad. I really loved doing it last season but I know I can't do everything. It feels like I want to do it all but where am I going to find the time?? I know things will work out when they are supposed to. I have just been up and down with stuff and my emotions lately for some reason. One of my coworkers pointed out that you can tell when I'm feeling a certain way because I do tend to wear my emotions on my sleeves. I'm working on that, I know I don't smile a lot. I can pull that off so well in photos but don't know why I don't do so in real person. I am working on that too. I just feel like I'm working on so much but it will all be worth it!


What are your plans for this weekend? Anything fun? Enjoy the weekend and see you guys for Sunday Fashions!


Check out my previous post, July Birchbox and Ipsy!!




~**Drea Notes**~

I haven't been to the beach yet and I'm about bathing suit ready lol!! I need to get back to working out!

Speaking of working out, I need to start training for this Spartan Race I'm doing in November with my coworkers (Help me now please lol)!! This should be interesting!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...