Skip to main content

On a personal note....

Happy Sunday!! I'm currently watching my team right now and hoping they win today. I was mapping out posts for this month and just wanted to do a personal one today. There has been so much going on lately and I'm proud of myself that I keep moving and pushing. I just felt like somewhere I lost my drive and focus. I was feeling a bit lost about my career path and what I wanted to do and it scared me a bit. For one, my age and worried about where to start. I know what I love so much and what I hate doing. It's just a matter of narrowing it down. I had a thought of going back to school for journalism. I was thinking of expanding myself to writing beauty related articles for magazines and improving how I write on this blog. Then I was thinking hard about going back for my masters. Would it make me more marketable to companies? Would it better my carrer path? But the thought of doing homework again and writing papers made me stand off a bit. The job market now is so hard, I'm just getting frustrated with putting in hundreds of applications and hearing nothing back. I know I have to stand out to someone, that they would see the potential I have. I know I'm a great team worker and I get my work done. It's just a lot going on in my head but I'm happy for not giving up and being so patient with life. I know that job is coming soon, that opportunity will present itself. I'm so thankful for learning to be more patient and knowing things will be okay. I know I won't be in this runt for long. I also have been looking for blogging groups and in New Jersey and Philadelphia area and haven't found a thing. Most of what I have found is no longer active. I just want to network and get myself out there. I want to expand and grow. I love the blogging world and so grateful for sticking to this because I really love it. Hopefully I come across something or I should just start something myself. 

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the weekend and see everyone Tuesday!!

Comments

  1. I understand the whole going back to school thing. The thing that really sucks is that I work with people who don't have their bachelors degree (and I do) and we make about the same money. Also, there are people that don't have a degree and make way more than me...so that is why I decided to not waste my time or money getting my masters unless I am in a job where they will pay me to go back and get it,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling, I was in a job like that where managers didn't even have a degree and I did. I work with people now who have or working and masters and its making me think. Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete
  2. don't ever give up love. it may take time, but that opportunity is out there! If this is something you really want to do, it will come =) Networking as I have learned is hard, I am still learning as I meet new people through this blogging journey. We may not have PhD's or MBA's but we do know how to use social media and how to social network, and use that to your advantage! A lot of these companies are still learning about it and as bloggers, we are great examples of social media influencers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie!! I'm still trying to network and get myself out there as much as I can. Social Media is really big now and it is at our advantage!

      Delete
  3. Never give up on your dreams! I think at some point in life everyone feels this way. I know I have! Even though I have a B.A. in Psychology, I'm not currently pursuing it. I've been thinking about going to grad school soon, but until then I make the most out of what life has to offer. I know that they're so many wonderful possibilities out there. Things just take time and I think you're great at writing on your blog! Good luck with all your future endeavors Andrea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...