Skip to main content

Kiss Insta Wave Automatic Curler Review*

Happy Friday!! I have had a crazy day and still have stuff to do. I finally have my computer back but the software for my web cam was not on here!! So I had to go get my boyfriend's iPad and then it was time to pick up my son from school and I had to wait until someone was home to occupy the little guy lol. Also trying to get clothes folded, put away and laundry done lol!! So this post is going to be a review on the new Kiss Insta Wave Automatic Curler. *This was provided for review by BrandBacker and my opinion is based on using this product. Grab a snack because this is going to be picture heavy and maybe a little long.


Powered by BrandBacker*


Here is the product still in the packaging. According to the Kiss site, It’s quick and easy to get salon-quality curls with the revolutionary new InstaWave by KISS. Just push the button to style any type of hair effortlessly.

In order to use this product, I had to straighten my hair. Its a great time during the year and I wanted to change things up a bit. Here is my hair before getting it trimmed.

It has gotten so long since February of this year!


At first I was thinking this may not work with my thick hair that has a mind of its own but it is made to work with all hair types. This is supposed to help make styling your hair easier. It comes with a 1" barrel and automatic curl dial. 

The Insta Wave Automatic Curler


1" Barrel and Curl Dialer


When I started to use this, I didn't realize you can curl your hair clockwise and counterclockwise. I was just pushing the button lol. You can create curls to go in either direction. On the curl dialer is where it would catch your hair wrap around the barrel to create curls. I'll explain it a bit later.

The Button to turn the dialer.

The Insta Wave comes with two settings, low and high. You can use the low setting for loose, wavy curls. The high setting is for tight curls. It goes up to 420 degrees. I used the low setting for big, loose curls. This seemed like it would be so easy but it wasn't at first. It took me a little while to get the hang of it. I had to figure how to place my hair on the barrel so it curls in the direction that I want. I also had to get my hair to catch around the curl dialer lol. Once I got the hang of it, it became easy to use. Here are the steps to using this hair product.So here is my hair before curling and after getting my ends trimmed.



First you would section off hair to curl. I found it easy to use small sections of hair. You would place the small section near the curler so the dialer can catch your hair.




Next you would push the button in the direction you want the curl to go. You would continue to push until all the hair is wrapped around the barrel. I left my hair for 6-7 seconds. Then pull the barrel down to release your hair. 


And that is it! I loved the results I got after using the curler. It was so easy once I got the hang of it. Here is a preview picture I posted on my Instagram.



This product retails for 59.99 and you can find more information and where to purchase HERE!!

I think this is great product for those on the go and don't have the time curl their hair. This would also be great for beginners who are learning how to curl hair and those who have trouble with using a curling iron. Here is a video I did demonstrating how to it.




So that is it for my review on the new Kiss Insta Wave. Have you tried this product or something similar? What were your thoughts? Would you purchase this product? Comment below and let me know. Enjoy the weekend and see everyone Sunday!! 

~**Drea Notes**~

I want to try the new Holiday drink from Starbucks.

I'm so tired but I'm still not done with stuff.I should of gotten coffee today lol!!





Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! I've seen some similar products but I do love the concept of them. Thanks for reading Elle!!

      Delete
  2. This is interesting. I have never tried a curling wand that twists your hair for you. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. It was pretty interesting to use and I do like it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...