Skip to main content

The Resolute Beauty Blogger- November 2014



Happy Sunday!! How was your Thanksgiving? Did you go shopping on Black Friday? I had a great Thanksgiving with family and enjoyed some family time. Well I am half way through the year with my goals. Let's see the progress I made for this month.


Blogging Goals

1. Set A Blogging Schedule- I have still been sticking to my Sunday, Tuesday and Friday schedule.

2. Change Up The Current Style- I haven't much with my site yet but it is in the works.

3. Learn More About Blogging- I haven't done anymore research but still looking over the information I have collected. 

4. Attend A Blogging Event- Still looking for an even to attend. I was planning on going to the Holiday Pop Up Makeup Show but some scheduling conflicts came up so I have to miss this year. :( I am looking forward to IMATS again!!

5. Proof Read Better- I have been really working on this. I make sure to read over my post twice before publishing. I haven't seen many typos or mistakes lately. 

6. Get A New Blogging Calendar and Book- I'm still using both, I was planning out posts for next month the other day. 

Personal Goals

1. Use BBW Stash More- I have used Sensual Amber almost the whole month. I need to switch it out soon and use another scent.

2. Wear Makeup More Often- I have been wearing it more, almost everyday of the week. Even if I don't get to wear a full face, I would usually wear is eyeliner, mascara, some blush and some color on the lips.

3. Be More Prepared and Organized- There have been some days I'm rushing and trying to pack stuff in the morning but for the most part I'm still packing lunches and bags the night before. I'm also waking up earlier so I have more time to get ready.

4. Wear Dresses and Skirts More Often- I fell off on this one. I think I wore a dress once this month and have just been wearing pants. I'm going to focus more on this next month.

5. Not Stress So Much- I have been doing okay with this. As long as I have a quiet place to eat lunch, I'm good. I haven't had many breakdowns this month but I've had my moments. It is still a work in progress but it's improving.

6. Finding Myself and Figuring Out What I Want To Do- I have been driving myself a little crazy with this one. There is so much what I want to do but can't narrow it down. I just want to make sure I pick the right career path and its something I will be happy with. I have been on the computer and my phone applying for jobs like crazy. I'm determined to find something before the new year. I know someone has to call me back for an interview. I'm starting to find my focus and drive again. I'm determined to make things better for myself and my family. 

So that is it for my monthly goals. What goals have you been working on? How are you coming along with them? Comment below and let me know. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend and its back to work tomorrow! See you guys on Tuesday!!

~**Drea Notes**~

Finally tried the new Chestnut Praline Latte from Starbucks and its pretty good.

I did a little Black Friday shopping, I'll do a video on what I got this week.

Can you believe tomorrow is December?? I haven't put up the tree yet and my son is excited about Santa lol!!

Comments

  1. Best of luck with your job search! I think you have been pretty successful with your beauty resolutions over the past year. I really want you to attend a blogging event! They are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya, this job market is rough. I hope I find a blogging even soon!!

      Delete
  2. i need to work on that no stress. WOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its hard but eventually things will be less stressful! Thanks for stopping by Elle!

      Delete
  3. I can not believe it's already december! Those are great goals though… i should take a hint from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it came so fast! Thanks, these goals have been so helpful. Thanks for stopping by Ashley!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...