Skip to main content

Beauty Crown Awards- Week 5







The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 1 - Personal Care Products - Dec 2 - Dec 8, 2013
Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 5 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Facial Care Products & Tools. Below are my selections:

FACIAL SKIN CARE
Cleansers- L'Oreal Ideal Clean Foaming Gel Cleanser
I did a series back in September on finding a facial regimen for myself and this cleanser was my favorite out of everything I tried. It really leaves my face feeling clean, doesn't dry out my skin and perfect year round.

Serum- I tried using serums but I don't think I really need them. It was just too many steps for me.

Moist Towelette- Yes To Grapefruit Brightening Facial Towelette
I actually got these at Target one day in the clearance section and I really like them a lot. It gets all the dirt and makeup off for face. Plus, it has a cooling sensation that feels pretty good on your skin.


Exfoliators- Origins Modern Friction
I was walking through Macy's one day and the woman at the Origin counter offered me a free facial. I couldn't turn that down, plus I was curious about their products. I really loved this exfoliator and purchased this. It really gentle on your face and leaves it feeling very soft and smooth.

Masks- Glam Glow
I got this at Sephora when I racked up 100 points and just fell in love with it the first time I used it. I love that it is a 2 in 1 product. First it is mask, then as you are rinsing it off, you exfoliate your skin. It really gives your skin a nice, healthy glow. I will be purchasing the full size when I finish with this.

Facial Mist- Don't use one but open to suggestions

Cleansing System- I don't have one but I would love a Clarisonic sometime soon!

Moisturizers- Shea Moisture and Yes To Blueberries
I use the Shea Moisture in the morning and Yes To Blueberries at night. My skin gets really dry when Fall and Winter come and both of these moisturizers do an amazing job of keeping my skin moisturized all day.



TOOLS
Brushes-Sigma
After watching BeatFace Honey use these brushes on her YouTube channel, I had to try them out. I just love Sigma so much! The blending brushes are my absolute favorite. They do a really great job for blending out my makeup and are just amazing!

Eyelash Curler- Mary Kay
My aunt gave my this eyelash curler many years ago and I never really used it. I do pick it up now every once in a while and I like it. I just don't use eyelash curls too much.

Tweezers- TweezerMan
I picked this up at The Makeup Show last month and these tweezers are pretty amazing. I like how precise they are and you can see everything with that mirror. 

Nail Tools- Dotting Tools and Brushes
I got these on Amazon and I have used the dotting tools more than the brush set. I've only used some of the brushes to clean up the polish around my nails but I will use them soon. 










Comments

  1. Hey Andrea! I haven't heard of many of these products but they sound great. I especially like the exfoliator, wipes, and brushes! Oh man do I have a lot of shopping to do because of these awards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tanya! Sigma brushes are so amazing, you should really try them out! I want to go shopping to pick up all these products I'm reading about too!

      Delete
  2. Andrea, I think we have some beauty blogger ESP going on. Not only do we both have the same L'Oreal Ideal Clean but I have those Mary Kay lash curlers that I never use either!! LOL! Everything else looks great as well. I should put everything else on my wish list bc if you like it then I'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I think so Shalunya! I never really saw a use for the eyelash curler. You should try out the other products, they are pretty great!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing Andrea! Those Yes to Grapefruit towelettes are really good...I had those before my MTTO ones...I love how they smell...very clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lucy. Yes, I love those toweletts, especially the smell and how they get everything off.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...