Skip to main content

Shopping My Beauty Samples

It has been a while since I've done a post in this series. I have so many samples to review that I have been using over the past couple of months. Let's jump into the reviews!



SashaPure Perfectly Defining Curl Creme and Restorative Conditioning Masque


Box It Came From: Cocotique
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: Curling Cream- 12.99 and Masque 15.99
Review: Can I just say that I love when I get full size hair products in my beauty boxes? I get so happy when I get any full size product, especially a hair product. This is a new company to me and I couldn't wait to try these products out. I'll start with the hair masque. I love the smooth and creamy texture of this and it smells amazing! It leaves my hair feeling so soft and moisturized. It contain some amazing ingredients such as Sacha Inchi Oil, Vitamins A-E and Omega 3-6-9 that are very beneficial for your hair. The curling cream has the same benefits and smooth texture. It is very easy to work with and gave my hair some really great definition. My twistout lasted for about the entire week. I would definitely repurchase both of these. 

Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation in Y445 and Y505


Box It Came From: Cocotique
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 43.00
Review: I have been interested in this foundation for a long time. I just never got around to trying it out. I was glad when I got these samples in my box. Neither of these shades were my color and I tried to mix them but it didn't work out too well. I will say that I do like the formula and coverage of this foundation. I need to find my shade and I would purchase this foundation. 

dp Hue Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse


Box It Came From: Onyx Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 35.00
Review: When I first saw this product, I thought it was just a hair rinse to help clarify your scalp. After really reading the bottle lol, it turned out to be a hair cleanser. You would use this in the place of shampooing or co-washing your hair. You would apply this directly to your scalp, massage it, leave in for up to 3 minutes and rinse out. I have to say, I really liked this. It left my hair feeling very clean and didn't feel drying at all. I'm not sure if I would pay that much but I would repurchase this. 

Black Radiance Urban Identity Shadow Trio in On Point



Box It Came From: Cocotique
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 2.99
Review: I also love getting full size makeup products in my boxes too lol! Black Radiance is a great drugstore brand with great quality products. They are also super affordable. I love this palette, it would be great to throw in your makeup bag for a quick look or something to do an effortless look with. The pigmentation was okay but the shadows were very easy to work with. I would repurchase this.


Iman Cosmetics Luxury Moisturizing Lipstick in Taboo


Box It Came From: Onyx Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 10.00
Review: When I saw this color, I knew I was going to love wearing it. This purple is so beautiful and I love how pigmented it is. This lipstick is so moisturizing and has a pretty good wear time. I would definitely repurchase. Here are all the swatches of the makeup products. 




So that is it for Shopping My Beauty Samples. Have you tried any of these products? What were your thoughts? See you guys Friday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY BIRTHDAY POST??

~**Drea Notes**~

I had a really great birthday, I had the day off from work and just relaxed, did some shopping and went out to dinner with my family. 






Comments

  1. Definitely some hits and misses! I have wanted to try the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation too but haven't got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really want to find my shade in that foundation, it is a nice formula. Thanks for reading Tanya!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...