Skip to main content

Cosmetics By Cocoa Review

It has been so cold lately! I am so ready for it to warm up a little bit. Today I will be sharing my full review of Cosmetics By Cocoa skincare products. 


Cosmetics By Cocoa was started by Ebony (Cocoa) Severado Bullock in 2014. She was looking for skincare products that didn't irritate or dry out her skin and something that worked. She decided to create her own skincare line and it took off from there. 

Cosmetics by Cocoa is a Black Owned Business with products that are 100% natural and certified organic. You can read the ingredients on the packaging and know what you are putting on your skin and body. I really appreciate brands that care about having quality products that are safe to use on your skin and body. Let's jump into the reviews!

Coconut Milk Unscented Facial Wash


Taken directly from the site, Our Coconut Milk Facial Wash is made from the purest of ingredients. It cleanses, tones and provides a healthy glow to your face. There's no chemicals, additives, preservatives, or fragrances included. It's a gentle and mild face wash. For morning and evening use. 

This facial wash is perfect for this time of the year. My skin tends to become drier when the cold weather hits and needs some extra moisture. I love the smooth and creamy consistency of this facial wash and how it leaves my skin soft and moisturized. I also love how gentle this cleanser is on the skin. I have noticed the healthy glow to my skin after I started using this wash. This is also a great facial wash for those who are sensitive or do not like scented skincare products. 

Sea Salt Facial Toner with Tea Tree Oil


I don't think I have ever heard of a toner with sea salt as one of the ingredients. Sea salt would mainly be used in body or facial scrubs. This toner comes in three different versions with lemon oil, peppermint oil and tea tree oil. I received the one with Tea Tree oil which helps minimize pores, fight acne and restore even skin tone. This toner was not abrasive or rough at all against my skin. I have noticed a difference in my skin and pores since I have been using this toner. I was afraid this toner would break my face out but it has not and my skin loves it. It is recommended to only use up to twice a week. 

Organic Hydrating Face Creme


This face creme has been a life saver this Winter! I always have trouble finding a moisturizer that is not too heavy or thick and keeps my skin moisturized. This face creme provides moisture to the skin while keeping it hydrated. It also helps with dark spots, circles and the aging process. I love how this creme just melts into my skin and it is not too heavy. It helps keep my skin soft and moisturized throughout the day. It is a new favorite for me.

You can check out the demo using all the products below: 



Overall, I really love these skincare products. I have noticed a big difference in my complexion and how healthy my skin looks. They also help keep my skin moisturized in this brutal cold weather. I would highly recommend everything if you are looking for some new skincare products. You can check out Cosmetics By Cocoa RIGHT HERE!!

I hope you enjoyed this review and will go support this Black Owned Business. Hope everyone has a great weekend and see you guys Tuesday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY DECEMBER COCOTIQUE??

~** Drea Notes**~

Can't believe my birthday is next Tuesday!! I am thankful to be celebrating another year! 

I am so glad my shows are back from Winter break lol! I wonder how Scandal will end since this is the last season. 






Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these. I have never heard of a sea salt toner either. The Coconut Milk Facial Wash interests me the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either but I am enjoying everything. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review.
    I've tried may moisturizer during the cold seasons and haven't found one yet that keeps my skin moisturized without that heavy feeling.
    I will definitely give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you like it, it does keep your skin very moisturized! Thanks for reading Jo!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes its hard.....

You know when you keep thinking of something and you just feel like you have to get it out? That was me before sitting down to write this post. I had something else planned to write but I kept thinking...sometimes its hard and it just evolved from there. We all heard the sayings, life isn't fair, life is hard and so on. Sometimes life can be hard but we don't experience it for long. There are so many things that I want to do but I know I can't do a million things at once. I can't just pick and go anymore, I'm someone's parent now. There are times I want to but I know things have to be planned out now. I will get to those place I want to go, just have to be patient and plan it out. It seems like we focus so much on what is hard about life that we forget about the easy stuff. We forget sometimes about all the good things that happen and to be grateful for getting through those rough patches. You may not like your living situation but you have a roof over

Make Beauty Review*

Happy Friday beauty lovers! I hope you have been enjoying Winter again lol! I hope Mother Nature gets it together soon lol. Today I am bringing you another review powered by BrandBacker! *I was sent these products for testing purposes and this is my opinion after using. Let's get into the reviews! *Powered By BrandBacker* I was pretty excited when I was picked for this campaign. I have tried a Make Beauty eyeshadow before and loved it. Honestly, I was expecting the samples to be a little bigger. I was a little disappointed in the lipstick sample, it was hard to use. It kept breaking when I was trying to apply it. Make Beauty is a very new company to me that I was introduced to through Birchbox.  They have just about everything from eyeshadows to contour kits. They also have a line for skincare as well. Alabaster Eyeshadow This shadow on the Make Beauty site is described as a soft eggshell with peach undertones. This shadow is a matte and can be used as a brow