Skip to main content

Shopping My Beauty Samples

It seems like the first day of Spring still feels like Winter lol! I'm just glad Spring is here and waiting for it to warm up! Today I am going to be sharing some reviews of my beauty samples that I have been using for a while. Let's get into Shopping My Beauty Samples!



Cover FX Mattifying Primer


Box It Came From: Essence Beauty Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Prince Point: 38.00
Review: I have heard a lot about this brand and haven't gotten around to purchasing anything. I was hesitant to use this primer because it does have an anti-acne treatment. I don't have acne prone skin but decided to use it one day. The primer is a gel like consistency and feels very light weight. My makeup stayed on all day and it did help with controlling the oil. I don;t think I would repurchase this because I don't need the anti-acne part but would try another one of their primers. 

Naked Beaute Chamomile Cucumber Facial Cleanser


Box It Came From: Onyx Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 15.00
Review: I could not wait to give this cleanser a try. I figured that anything with cucumber and chamomile would be soothing and calming. I love how gentle this cleanser is and how it really cleanses my skin. I use this at night and it helps get the extra makeup off and does not dry out my skin. I would repurchase this.

Girl Hair Restoring Hair Balm


Box It Came From: Onyx Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 20.00
Review: This was such a life saver when I had my braids in a few months ago. This helps relieved my itchy scalp and keep it moisturized. I love the convenience of the nozzle so you can really apply the product to your scalp and it doesn't get everywhere. I love the scent of this hair balm and it is not too thick or weigh my hair down. I would repurchase this again. 

Clean Living Collection Rejuvenating Facial Serum


Box It Came From: Onyx Box
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 15.00-30.00
Review: I have really grown to love facial serums. I thought they were not all the important but I feel like they are an important step in your skincare routine. This serum is different than any other serums I have tried before. This is an oil based one and the ones I have used before cream or gel like. I love that this serum has all natural ingredients that are so beneficial to the skin and it is organic. The one I have is the Chamomile Rose one and it is made for sensitive and oily skin. I use this serum at night and I love it. It really helps calm my skin and does not leave my skin feeling oily. You only need about 3 drop for your whole face. I would repurchase this serum.

Doucce Cosmetics Ultra Precision Eye Liner


Box It Came From: Onyx Box
Full Size Or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 22.00
Review: This is a new makeup brand to me and this eye liner is my new favorite. It is so pigmented, glides on smoothly and stays for most of the day. I am pretty impressed with this eye liner. I don't know if I would pay 22 dollars for it again but I may because I love the formula so much.

So that was it for Shopping My Beauty Sample. Have you tried any of these products? Which ones are you interesting in trying? Comment below and let me know. See you guys Thursday!!

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY LATEST HAIR TUTORIAL??









Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these. I would be interested in trying more Doucce products like the eyeliner. I got one of their mascaras in BoxyCharm and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to try more Doucce products too. I have a mascara by them but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!

      Delete
  2. Hi Andrea! I have been conducting research on Black natural hair care blogs, and I came across several of your comments. I am hoping we can schedule an interview to talk about your experiences following Curly Nikki and Black Girl Long Hair. Would you be willing to talk to me? Please email me at naturalinclination828@gmail.com so I can tell you more. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...