Skip to main content

On A Personal Note...

I had another post planned for today but I'm not sure what was up with my laptop and the pictures downloading super slow. I got a little impatient and wasn't going to write anything but something just came to me. It seems like there is so much going on right now, it is hard to see anything that is positive in the world. It just seems like everything is so crazy and out of control. I know a lot of people feel fear, anger, sadness and hurt. I just felt so inspired after attending The Fearless Conference. It was great to be around so many women and no one was talking about each other in a negative way, everyone was super sweet, down to earth and genuine. You don't see a lot of that on tv now. I know reality television is supposed to be for entertainment but how women are being portrayed sometimes is not right to me. I have stopped watch a lot of those shows because I just see women tearing each other down, calling each other outside of their name, being very disrespectful and so on. I see a lot of that in real life and its sad. We should be more united than ever now instead of being jealous because she has longer hair, she's prettier, she looked at you the wrong way. I wish more positivity can be portrayed more than what is going on. I used to hate when people talked about me behind my back, especially people who I thought were my friends. It would hurt and really get to me. I didn't understand it and then I started doing it. I realized that I didn't like how I felt so why would I do that to someone else? There is no reason to be jealous or hateful towards anyone. You are unique and were made different for a reason. I love myself and it it took me a while to reach that point but I was so thankful when I did. I felt so much better that I could look in the mirror and love what I see. I stopped comparing myself to these other images out here because I didn't want to look like anyone else. I love how different I am from everyone else and I know there are others that feel the same way. It is so hard when there are all these famous images out there. You want to have legs like that person, abs of steel like this one, huge boobs like this one. I will admit that when I saw Teyana Taylor, it made me want to hit the gym hard lol. I know I wouldn't have abs like hers but I want to get back in the gym for myself. I want to be healthy for my family and for myself. I don't want to be out of shape because my son runs so fast and I need to keep up with him lol. I just wish one day I will see more positivity and love and support of each other. I know it is out there, I don't see too much but I know it is out there.  We all have one goal in mind, that's to succeed. Let's cheer and encourage each other that we can make it, that we all can be successful and make it. 

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY PREVIOUS POST ON ANOTHER VALENTIA REVIEW??




Comments

  1. Great post future Mrs. Johnson! TV networks need to get back to providing quality content. It's sad but drama, gossip and fighting have become the new norm not only on tv but in society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Mr. Johnson. It is sad how "reality" tv is spilling over into real life and people are not seeing the difference. Hopefully things will change. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true and I agree with you 100%. Great post Drea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tanya and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...