Skip to main content

On A Personal Note...

It is currently 12:45am and I just finished twisting my hair and kind of forgot I had a post that is supposed to go up today lol! I had something else planned for today but just wanted to be personal today. I had the most amazing weekend and just still thinking about it. I attended The Fearless Conference in Philly but I was doing my first Instagram takeover during the conference!! A little while back, Ahiyana Angel of Life According To Her reached out to me about taking over her Instagram stories during the conference. She first thought of me because I'm in the area and has been watching me on social media since we came in contact at her event, I Need New Friends (I have a post on this event, just to refresh your memory, you can read RIGHT HERE)! I was super excited because someone thought of me and saw potential in me going to an event on their behalf. I then became a little nervous about doing so. I really didn't tell too many people until everything was all set. I will have a more detailed post and vlog on the conference but it was so refreshing to be around so many women and we were just all being supportive and nice to each other. Everyone was just so friendly, down to earth and just wonderful to be around. I learned so much and took away some valuable lessons. I decided to take the quarter off from school to throw myself into this wedding planning. I am not happy that Zika decided to come around because we may be back here with the wedding. Of course that is another post for my wedding series but we want to have another baby and taking that risk with the destination wedding really made us think about it. So yea, I'll be doing more of that and trying to get everything else with life in order. At the end of the day, I just want to be happy and have a successful marriage. I would love for all the kid networks to stop playing so many toy commercials. It seems like they are going really heavy early with them. My son has been asking for stuff almost everyday lol. I'm trying to get him to narrow down his list for Santa lol! This should be fun! We're also trying to get him to pick a Halloween costume, he has it down to three but I am not buying three costumes lol! Hopefully he will pick one soon. I'm slowly getting back in the gym at least once a week which is a start. I hope to pick up some more days soon.

HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT MY PREVIOUS POST ON MY SEPTEMBER FAVORITES??


Comments

  1. That's exciting that you got to do an instagram takeover! Congrats! The Zika virus is SUPER scary! I don't blame you....and yes they DEF start xmas ads wayyyy too early!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun and hope I can do it again sometime. Yes this Zika is scary, we want to take it safe but I was really looking forward to the destination wedding. Thanks for stopping by Tanya!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...