Skip to main content

Shopping My Beauty Samples

Happy Thursday!! It seems like Summer is still trying to hold on lol! Today is another post from my Shopping My Beauty Samples series. Let's get into the reviews.

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 25.00
Review: I was pretty excited to try this mascara out. I always love trying out new mascaras. I have been loving this mascara. It makes my lashes look so long and it really separates them. Here is what the wand looks like.


I really like how it is curved so it hugs your lash line and gets your lashes evenly. I'm not sure about purchasing the full size, this sample seems like it would last me for a while but I may invest in the full size at some point. I have a picture for another sample where I am wearing the mascara.

Mitchell and Peach Fine Radiance Face Oil


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 46.30
Review: I really like using facial oils with my nighttime regiment. This oil has a bit of a nutty scent but it is not too strong. You only need about 3 drops for your whole face and it absorbs so well into your skin. My face looks refreshed and is still moisturized when I wake up in the morning. I may purchase the full size oil when I finish with the ones I have to use up.

Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep


Box It Came From: Birchbox
Full Size or Sample Size: Sample Size
Price Point: 24.00
Review: I was so excited when I saw this in my box! I already love Benefit Cosmetics and knew I was going to love this product. I forgot to get a picture of the brush but it is nice and small to help shape and fill in the brows. I love how it shapes my brows and fills them in. The picture the with next product I'm going to talk about will show my wearing this product. I may purchase the full size. I have Maybelline's Brow Drama that does the same thing but less in price.

Marsk Mineral Eyeshadow in Fifty Shades



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 22.50
Review: I love trying new brands that I haven't heard of before. I was excited to try this mineral eyeshadow. I love the packaging so you don't spill the shadow if you knock it over by accident.

The color of this shadow is so pretty and it is very pigmented. It doesn't have a lot of fall out when you apply it. I just love it. I think for the size of the container that it is a little over priced. Here is a picture of me wearing the shadow along with the Eyeko mascara and Benefit Gimme Brow. Also a swatch of the shadow.





Skone Cosmetics Eye/Lip Pencil in Wine



Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 15.00
Review: This was an interesting multi purpose product. You can use this an eyeliner or lip pencil. I chose to use this as a lip pencil because of the color. It take a little bit for the color to show up but this pencil stays most of the day and only had to touch up once. I think I would purchase more from this brand. Here is a swatch of the pencil.



Liptini Special Edition Lipstick in Scarlet Cocktail


Box It Came From: Ipsy
Full Size or Sample Size: Full Size
Price Point: 18.00
Review: This lipstick is perfect for Fall and I really like the formula of it. It is very moisturizing and doesn't feel dry at all. It has a pretty amazing wear time and I only have to touch up once during the day. I think I would purchase more lipsticks from this line. Here is a swatch of the lipstick.



So that is it for Shopping My Beauty Samples. Have you tried any of these products? Comment below and let me know. Enjoy your weekend and see you guys Sunday.

Have you checked out my previous post on Ole Henriksen?







Comments

  1. Wow this month has a bunch of good samples! I love the look you created using some of the products. I would love to try the Benefit Gimme Brow and that Liptini Lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya!! I'm really getting to use all these samples that I get every month. I think you would like Gimme Brow and the Liptini lipstick. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Looking pretty! I love the eyeshadow and lip color on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jackie! The lip color is Kat Von D Damned Liquid lipstick and Mac Chestnut liner. It's my favorite combo this Fall.

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful! I'm loving that eyeshadow shade....it is gorgeous!

    Keisha xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried any of the products you've mentioned but am really interested in the Eyeko Black Magic Mascara! It's interesting to see the mascara is in a squeezable tube package (is it squeezable? It looks like it to me? lol). I'm really loving your beautiful selfie! The makeup combo is gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is squeezable but it does look it could be lol! Thank you so much Liz and thanks for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...