Skip to main content

Review on The Vacationers

Hey guys!! So a while back, Birchbox and Birchbloggers announced they were starting a book club! The first book was The Vacationers by Emma Straub. They sent out an email to tweet about your favorite vacation and 100 Birchbloggers were going to be randomly selected to receive an early copy of the book to review for your blog! I was one of the lucky 100 people to receive this book!! Thank you so much Birchbox and  Birchbloggers!! Its hard for me to really sit down and read due to my busy, crazy life but it only took me a day and a half to get through this book. I honestly could not put it down!!


Overall , I really enjoyed reading this book. If I can't put the book down, its a good one. The author did a really amazing job with the storyline and how descriptive everything was. I'm not going to give too much away because you should go out and get this book to read.

The book is about the Post family and their summer vacation to Mallorca, Spain for two weeks. I've never been to Spain but after reading about it, I so want to go sometime soon. The main characters of the book are Franny, the mother and wife to Jim of 35 years. They have two children Bobby who is 28 and lives in Florida and Sylvia who is 18 and about to go to college. The Post live in New York and Franny wanted to take this vacation with her family and friends before Sylvia went away and just to get everyone together. Bobby's girlfriend, Carmen also attended the trip and Franny's best friend Charles and his husband Lawrence.

When I started to read this, I thought it was going to be about the adventures that the family and friends had in Spain and just about a typical family vacation. This book was nothing like I expected!! That is one of the reasons I couldn't tear this book out of my hands. I love how the author didn't tell you everything that was going on with certain characters at once. You were left guessing what someone did and why. I'll just say, a lot of secrets came out during the trip and some friction and drama were going on. I just love how you had to keep reading to know happened.

This book is now available in stores and online and I highly recommend going out and getting this for a summer read. The author, Emma Straub has two other book published, Laura Lamont's Life In Pictures and Other People We Married. If those books are as good as this one, I will be running out to get them.

So that is it for my little review on The Vacationers. What are some of your Summer books that you have read? What books do you plan on reading? Comment below and let me know!!


~** Drea Notes**~

The rain last night was a nightmare!! Thank goodness I got home safely because I was terrified driving home in it!!

I still have not gotten my Funnel Cake or Cotton Candy yet this Summer! 

And I have still been slacking off on working out but eating healthy!!


Comments

  1. This book sounds good! I really mainly teen romance fiction. Demon hunters, werewolves, vampires, witches, angels all that kind of stuff...pretty similar to the stuff that I watch on tv haha! I am going to start the last book in the Mortal Instruments Series when I go on vacation next week. If those type of books interest you, email me and I will recommend some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good one to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good read. Let me know if you decide to pick this up. Thanks for stopping by Elle!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great book! I've been looking for new books to read. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pilar! Let me know what you think if you get this book!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a break.......

On Tuesday I did mention that I had some exciting news to share. I have been working part time for a while and searching like crazy for full time work. I was starting to get a little frustrated but never gave up. Well a full time opportunity came up at my current job and I am now full time status!!! I was just so overjoyed and thankful. I will have a more stable income, I can go back to school and start to make some moves. Then I started to get a little overwhelmed. How was I going to juggle being a full-time working mom, grad student, blogger and balance everything else. It has been a while since I had a full time schedule and based my blogging schedule around my days off during the week. I start my full time hours next week and just need to take a small break away from Naturalle Drea. I really didn't want to because I love this so much but I need to see how to handle everything. I will most likely change my blogging schedule around. Thank you to those who have been encouraging to...

Updated: How I currently store my makeup

Hey guys! Back in January, I took everyone through my entire, well majority of my makeup collection. I showed how I used to store my makeup. You can see that original post  here.  I had everything stored in my empty Birchboxes. It was working for a while until I went to two makeup shows and I didn't have a place for everything! As I was cleaning one day, I saw that had this tall storage bin with stuff that I don't even use anymore and thought it would be a great place to store all my makeup and still have it organized. Here is a picture of where my makeup is currently stored. I believe I purchased this 7 drawer unit at Walmart years ago and glad I kept it! It has come in handy. I'll take you through what is in each drawer. I'll start with the top of the unit where all my brushes, setting sprays (that I haven't used yet lol), OCC lip tars( I couldn't find anything to store them in but that red cup lol. I'll have to decorate it later.) and other items...

No Buy is Officially Over!!

Yay!! I survived 2 months without a single makeup purchase!! I am so proud of myself and knew I had the will power to do it!! It really helped me staying out of Sephora, Ulta and Mac, the usual places that get me in trouble lol! When I went into Target or Walmart, I wouldn't even go near the makeup section. Funny thing is, I haven't run to the store yet to purchase anything on my wish list yet but I will soon. You can see what is on my wish list here.  After organizing my makeup, I realized I have a lot of products that I don't use and need to try out soon. I'm going to try to really shop my stash before running out and buying something new. Maybe next time, I will go for a 3 month no buy!! Have you successfully completed a no buy? What is currently on your wish list? Comment below and let me know!! ~** Drea Notes**~ We went to the beach today and I'm so glad we did! It was such a fun day with the family!! I'm trying to get back to working out lol!  ...